ADVERTISEMENT

55 days: Best #55 in Husker history

rrthusker

Administrator
Jul 24, 2001
Wow,several to choose from. I’m going with a guy that may not be the first or even second to come to mind,Russ Hochstein. Have fun guys.

Russ Hochstein was the first that popped in my mind after the Peter brothers and was an All-American. He played in the NFL for about a decade, winning a pair of Super Bowls.

Edit: Read this on Hochstein's Wikipedia Page:
"Hochstein was traded to the Denver Broncos in exchange for a seventh-round selection (which the Patriots had sent with Le Kevin Smith in a prior trade) in the 2010 NFL Draft on August 25, 2009."

While they weren't teammates at Nebraska, interesting to see two Huskers involved in a trade, even if tangentially in this case.

Los hermanos Pedro.

Will also mention a couple of good DTs from the 70s - Bill Janssen and Rod Horn.
These are two I really like as well. Bill Janssen was a starter on a national title team, while Rod was the most dedicated lifter I ever knew. Super strong, yet another one of those studious, quiet guys away form the game. He played in the Super Bowl as rookie with Cincinnati, then walked away from football to begin his real life. Terrific guy and one admired by Coach Osborne

Los hermanos Pedro.

Will also mention a couple of good DTs from the 70s - Bill Janssen and Rod Horn.

Bill Jansen from the early 70s

These are two I really like as well. Bill Janssen was a starter on a national title team, while Rod was the most dedicated lifter I ever knew. Super strong, yet another one of those studious, quiet guys away form the game. He played in the Super Bowl as rookie with Cincinnati, then walked away from football to begin his real life. Terrific guy and one admired by Coach Osborne

No question Bill Janssen was a house hold name like so many after the back to back national championship teams..

Not a star or anything, but Randall Jobman was definitely in that If-you-can-play-TO-will-find-you category.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT