ADVERTISEMENT

4–Star Top 10 ILB trending to be N!

If Wynden opts for the Huskers then I think Kpai will play outside. If he doesn't then Kpai could do either depending which position needs the most help when he comes in. I think Wynden is the most physical of the two and Kpai is a little bit more athletic. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a bit of attrition in the ILB and OLB rooms. I think the OLB room is a mess.

Reactions: headcard
Do we really take 4 OLB commits this class? Patrick Payton (#24), Randolph Kpai (#36) and Seth Malcolm (#44) have already given their verbal commitments. @Reditus has indicated some of those kids to switch to other LB positions, but that's still a LOT of guys at one position in a single crootin' class. Makes for another mad scramble a few years down the road unless there's a heckuva Junior College kid available to fill the slot and balance the position and a few of those cats attrite out.

Do we really take 4 OLB commits this class? Patrick Payton (#24), Randolph Kpai (#36) and Seth Malcolm (#44) have already given their verbal commitments. @Reditus has indicated some of those kids to switch to other LB positions, but that's still a LOT of guys at one position in a single crootin' class. Makes for another mad scramble a few years down the road unless there's a heckuva Junior College kid available to fill the slot and balance the position and a few of those cats attrite out.
I think at this time both Malcom and Kpai are slated to play inside. Like someone said above if we land the stud from Hawaii, Kpai could probably start his career at OLB.

OLB a mess?
One word, Nick Henrich

I think it's a mess because they had Domann, Tannor, Cooper, Nelson, Gunnerson, Butler, Alston, Wright(inj) and Graham there which is a full room. Then they had to swap Graham and Payne. Hannah had an audition there. Then they tried Henrich there, borrowing from ILB which is not exactly teaming with depth. They also added D. Jackson there who also has a scholarship now. That's 11 scholarships guys in a room where you want to be at 8 and we still have questions with OLB play. It's getting better and Henrich may be part of the answer but I still think they have a ways to go. I'm sure attrition during the off season will clear up some things and I am not saying there's no talent there. I'm just saying that room has the most work to do and the most questions. When you have a full room and you keep adding guys then you know there's issues.

Reactions: headcard
Wait who’s that Tony guy that can’t recruit?!? Weaver is N, another 4 star is N but waiting to announce, Simmons is down to us and USC with us wanting him for D and now this 4 star LB is trending our way, that would be quite the Superfecta Mr Tuioti!

With the extra year of eligibility, how many seniors will we actually lose?

Great question. For inside LB's I could see Miller moving on as he was a redshirt and probably will graduate and could be tired of school. Honas on the other hand might stay because he lost a year due to injury and has only been here a couple of years. I could be dead wrong though. Who knows? It sure makes it complicated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT