ADVERTISEMENT

3-9

Hush! We aren’t 3-9. We have loads of morale victories, close losses and best of all signature losses! In Nebraskaland, we are fine with losing as long as it is close! It goes with the orange slices. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if we get little trophies made up for everyone.

They hired a mid-major coach with one good season against weak competition, and allowed him to bring his entire high school staff with him. Even after a three-win season with possibly the worst recruiting class in Nebraska history, he was retained. Nebraska deserves everything they get with Frost. It's like they don't want to win.

They hired a mid-major coach with one good season against weak competition, and allowed him to bring his entire high school staff with him. Even after a three-win season with possibly the worst recruiting class in Nebraska history, he was retained. Nebraska deserves everything they get with Frost. It's like they don't want to win.

Frost had his choice of positions, it was the right hire, it just didn’t work. Nebraska is where we belong, Bob and Tom were miracle workers, the program is flatlined.

I was all in on Frost the first year, I thought it was a great hire like 99% of everyone else. Let my emotions, his UCF season and work at Oregon go to my head.

TBF, I did start bagging on him year 1. I thought the issues were on him. Everyone wanted Chins and the D staff fired or other assistants. I thought the problem was squarely on Frost for how he was handling the press, player management, game management, etc. Literally not a single thing has changed except we got worse even with a better roster of kids.

Frost when asked about hiring a full-time Special Teams coach - “I’ll talk about hiring people later”

I really do hate his arrogant guts.
That is one of the few things that helps with these losses - is that his arrogant ass continues to get shown to the nation. ONE conference win after four years of doing his absolute best. There should be a sitcom laugh track every time he walks into a room.

We have to hire a ST coach. But that answer doesn’t bother me at all.
Just admit that we need one. Admit that you have put no emphasis on Special Teams for four years. Admit that Dawson is NOT “doing a great job”. Admit that we have the worst Special Teams in the country. Be humble you jack leg moron.

Man, I blame Lawrence Phillips for this entire mess. He can murder his cell mate but gives Frost a pass and lets him hide in a closet when he’s tapping his girlfriend?

100% blame Lawrence Phillips. Take care of business next time Lawrence.

Last edited:
Who thinks we are going to be better than 3-9 next year without Toure,Allen, Jojo, and other seniors leaving? I don’t see it happening.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Who thinks we are going to be better than 3-9 next year without Toure,Allen, Jojo, and other seniors leaving? I don’t see it happening.
What signs would indicate we’ll improve? It’s the same formula game after game. Play okay, fail to adjust when the opponent does, have a huge special teams mistake, and end with a crunch time turnover. Nothing will change.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
No, it was a business decision that he made that was the best for the long term
If that's true, then Trev needs to be fired immediately. Frost's contract is a sunk cost. Retaining him while the national reputation, recruiting interest, and ticket sales plummet is the definition of "short-term gain, long-term loss." Trev is now the sole stockholder in Enron.

If that's true, then Trev needs to be fired immediately. Frost's contract is a sunk cost. Retaining him while the national reputation, recruiting interest, and ticket sales plummet is the definition of "short-term gain, long-term loss." Trev is now the sole stockholder in Enron.
Hmmm. This is a bad post, especially from you.

By renegotiating and firing him next year, versus this year, how much is the University retaining in hard $$'s? Firing him, without having a solid replacement in place, is stupid. If TA had a guy in place, who he thought could kick ass here, and said "I'm giving Frost another year," then I would say TA made a huge mistake. I'd bet my left nut that wasn't the situation. TA didn't have someone at the ready that he believed in, so he made the best of the situation, which was to get Frost to make some concessions and save the University a bunch of money, while at the same time buying some time to work the circuit and figure out a solid list of candidates to take over next year. TA doesn't believe Frost can get it done, but TA will do his best Barry Alvarez impersonation, try his hardest to take the reigns and make it work, all the while working many late nights and weekends to get the best guy he can find to come in take over next year, knowing damn well that it is very likely he will have to send Frost packing next year.

Last edited:

Absolutely. I would bet almost anything. Although I think he needs 8+ to keep his job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT