ADVERTISEMENT

22 Feb 2019 Game 5 (DH-1): Nebraseball vs. Oregon State in Surprise, AZ (OSU wins 8-2)

So the audio isn't working for me so any updates I am able to provide will be from the live stats. :rolleyes:

Top 1st

Abel welcomes us to big boy baseball as he strikes out the side to start off the game. Laughing

Top 2nd

1,2,3 but we did tough the ball this time as only one batter struck out. :cool:

Bottom 2nd

Chad says "two can play at this game" as he too K's a couple batters and gets out of the inning 1,2,3. Technically one batter reached on a throwing error but was thrown out trying to get to 2nd.

Top 3rd

Another 1,2,3 inning for the Skers, 2 batters with a K. Abel now has 7 K's in 3 innings of work.

Bottom 3rd

Another error allows a leadoff runner but a popped up bunt and a 5-6-3 double play allows Chad to get through the 3rd unscathed.

Top 4th

So this inning was more impressive than the stats may show. After a 3 pitch groundout by Schwellenbach, Altavilla was able force an 8 pitch walk followed by a 12 pitch walk by Hagge. Both were actually down in the count at one point and Hagge fouled off 6 straight balls to finally get his ball four.

It is the little things in baseball I enjoy most and it is these little things I didn't see us doing last season. It is also why I may get painted as a Debby Downer by the normal RSS fans that don't understand how much these little things matter. Anyway, back to the ball game...

Palensky struck out but once again, was able to force Abel to throw 7 pitches. Not all strikeouts are equal right? Depending on how the next few innings and the next three games go remember this inning could be a tone setter.

Roskam K's to end the inning on 5 pitches. So if my math is correct that was a 35 pitch inning. Still, we got 0 runs and Abel has 9 K's through 4 innings.

Bottom 4th

I missed this inning because something came up at work but we did give up a run to go down 1-0.

Bottom 5th

A walk, a steal, and an RBI single ends Chad's day as Curry comes in to pitch. decent day for Chad but unfortunately he was just bested by a pretty good opposing pitcher.

However, Curry gives up a walk and a 3 run homerun to open the floodgates. :(

pop up to SS and a groundout to SS stops the bleeding.

5-0 OSU

Top 6th

A one out walk by Schwelly and an RBI Double by Altavilla gets Nebraska on the board. Ironically enough it also ends the no hitter and the shutout all at the same time.

Hagge walks to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Pitching change! Goodbyue Abel.

Palensky then plates another runner with a stab up the middle, Hagge advances to 2nd. Roskam is HBP to load the bases! Hallmark K's and Chick flies out to end the inning. Good grief we fear success.

5-2 Oregon State

Radio crew was giving the grounds crew a ton of shit during the in-game weather delay. That much and a couple innings of the softball game I was able to catch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT