ADVERTISEMENT

2025 OL is concerning

Yeah, that’s a good candidate. Maybe Knaak?

But taking the best OL we can get in the portal is a must. We won’t beat out teams for players but we need a seasoned OL
Knaak is the #2 left guard. Next year shapes up to have third year players at tackle and center, with fourth and fifth year guys at guard. Gottula, Lutovsky and Evans all will have started multiple games. I’m sure they’ll kick some tires in the portal, but the guys who will start next year will have already been starters or have played in a number of games.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I want you guys to Google Alabama's, Georgia's and Nebraska's o-line coach and tell me what's different in their coaching experience on wikipedia. Just curious.

I keep hearing we've got a "young" team but we've got a lot of experience across the team. Defense will lose a lot. Our OL has a lot of young guys, but they're inexperienced. They'll just have to step up. That's college football for you. I do think we'll have a big gap in numbers on the OL between our 1st and 2nd year players and the upperclassmen. Evans and Lutovsky may be the only experienced upperclassmen we have in 2025 which is scary. I bet they move Evans back to center (unless Sledge is too good to keep off the field). My guess for next year is that it'll be Gunnar, Pyle, Evans, Lutovsky, and another one of the youngsters. Teddy coming back would be a nice surprise but I don't think we can count on it. Brix might be ready to play. Taumua may be healthy and ready to contribute. Seagren may be our next walk-on starter on the OL. There are a lot of youngsters who'll have a chance, but if we can get a transfer offensive tackle who can play I'm sure Nebraska will try to get him.
I like the youth we have on OL. The numbers there look good. It may just be a tough year in 2025 as they gain experience.
I'm actually more concerned about DT where we lose Nash and Robinson. We have a number of young DL who look good, but none seem to have the size and bulk of the those two.

I'm not quite as worried about either line tbh. What happens if I think BOTH lines will get younger and more athletic. I absolutely love Ty Robinson and he will be missed but the kid outta Texas who is redshirting this year will be as good as either him or Nash and more athletic. I also think Vincent will take another step and he fits the same description. Juedy is back I think and Williams and Wallen will be bigger and stronger and ready to fill in for Butler.

I watch other teams play on the DL and I see better athletes. Watch Iowa's guys up front. No reason we can't have similar. Tighten up your technique and let your natural ability show up.

On the OL I just refuse to see some of these guys moving on as a loss.

Holla

I'm not quite as worried about either line tbh. What happens if I think BOTH lines will get younger and more athletic. I absolutely love Ty Robinson and he will be missed but the kid outta Texas who is redshirting this year will be as good as either him or Nash and more athletic. I also think Vincent will take another step and he fits the same description. Juedy is back I think and Williams and Wallen will be bigger and stronger and ready to fill in for Butler.

I watch other teams play on the DL and I see better athletes. Watch Iowa's guys up front. No reason we can't have similar. Tighten up your technique and let your natural ability show up.

On the OL I just refuse to see some of these guys moving on as a loss.

Holla
White plays a lot of guys and that solves depth issues year to year. A few years ago we struggled to field a competent Dline. Now the rotation includes 7 or 8 guys and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of drop off.

Reactions: kakdawg
I want you guys to Google Alabama's, Georgia's and Nebraska's o-line coach and tell me what's different in their coaching experience on wikipedia. Just curious.
Simply possessing experience is a big difference

White plays a lot of guys and that solves depth issues year to year. A few years ago we struggled to field a competent Dline. Now the rotation includes 7 or 8 guys and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of drop off.

Very true and a big name I forgot was this Davis kid. He might start next year.

Holla

Very true and a big name I forgot was this Davis kid. He might start next year.

Holla
The kids coming in are more athletic and after another year of some game reps and the weight room, they’ll be ready to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT