ADVERTISEMENT

2021 QB prospect Dematrius Davis

Tuco Salamanca

Athletic Director
Aug 18, 2016
Albuquerque
A buddy of mine, close to the family, says he will be committing to Virginia Tech. Still very early, and a lot could happen in the next 14 or 15 months.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
All the crystal balls on 247 are now for VT. Where did they come from in this one? It seemed like it was Nebraska and aTm for the longest time.

Well dang. V tech out of nowhere is odd. But it happens. Pretty good talent getting away here

I guess you could look at it this way. McCaffrey redshirting, Logan smothers red shirts when he gets here.... that's a lot of waiting in line to get a chance to play. But as a four star I would like to think he would feel like he could come in and win the starting job or crack the two deep without redshirting

I guess you could look at it this way. McCaffrey redshirting, Logan smothers red shirts when he gets here.... that's a lot of waiting in line to get a chance to play. But as a four star I would like to think he would feel like he could come in and win the starting job or crack the two deep without redshirting

Or he saw how badly Martinez regressed this year amid yet another losing season for our program, and is no longer buying what our coaches are selling.

All the crystal balls on 247 are now for VT. Where did they come from in this one? It seemed like it was Nebraska and aTm for the longest time.

A&M got a stud committed. Nebraska likes others better that they are in good standing with. Two names:

Santino Marucci
Peter Costelli

A&M got a stud committed. Nebraska likes others better that they are in good standing with. Two names:

Santino Marucci
Peter Costelli
I am not sure about either of those guys being higher on our board. It seems like Davis was #1. But I have faith in Coach V and Coach Frost to evaluate and recruit QB’s, so I’m sure we will be fine.

Reactions: dinglefritz
A&M has had a “stud” committed and Davis wasn’t and isn’t afraid of the competition.

I love how you state with any sort of certainty the staff’s pecking order of these recruits and where Nebraska stands in the mind of these kids.

glad we have someone with such connections on the board.

Santino Marucci
Peter Costelli

A&M has had a “stud” committed and Davis wasn’t and isn’t afraid of the competition.

I love how you state with any sort of certainty the staff’s pecking order of these recruits and where Nebraska stands in the mind of these kids.

glad we have someone with such connections on the board.

Our QB coach hasn't even visited him this season and he visited others.

Or he saw how badly Martinez regressed this year amid yet another losing season for our program, and is no longer buying what our coaches are selling.
Nice, you just have to berate AM.

You couldn't hold his shoes, in your life or on the field if you ever played that is.
If he were your son how would you like your unnecessary text. When his game comes back, and it will will apologize for stupid, uncaring post. You must think he has no feelings to hurt. Based on you and others like him he should just transfer where fans like don't get any air time. I am sure you would turn on Verduzzo and McCaffrey also.

Oh, you are also an asshole, right?

You couldn't hold his shoes, in your life or on the field if you ever played that is.
If he were your son how would you like your unnecessary text. When his game comes back, and it will will apologize for stupid, uncaring post. You must think he has no feelings to hurt. Based on you and others like him he should just transfer where fans like don't get any air time. I am sure you would turn on Verduzzo and McCaffrey also.

This is a forum which means he/she is titled to their opinion. Why does their opinion make you so angry?

tenor.gif

Preach

Frost sucks!!

Now I feel cool

You don't feel cool for saying it. You feel cool for being right.

*****Disclaimer*****
Frost is our guy and we need to ride it out with him, even though he's sucked bigly so far.

Reactions: ssmill777
You don't feel cool for saying it. You feel cool for being right.

*****Disclaimer*****
Frost is our guy and we need to ride it out with him, even though he's sucked bigly so far.

see you FINALLY said it right. Frost has sucked this far...not that he actually sucks as a Head Coach. Because he doesn’t. Some of the guys on here that are claiming he sucks all together are going to look very stupid once he gets our Huskers rolling. I can’t wait for the excuses I hear when he does get our Huskers going (because he will) and all of use come calling those guys out...because I’ll gladly do it. ;)

see you FINALLY said it right. Frost has sucked this far...not that he actually sucks as a Head Coach. Because he doesn’t. Some of the guys on here that are claiming he sucks all together are going to look very stupid once he gets our Huskers rolling. I can’t wait for the excuses I hear when he does get our Huskers going (because he will) and all of use come calling those guys out...because I’ll gladly do it. ;)

I hope so, but I haven't seen anything to give us hope yet.

I hope so, but I haven't seen anything to give us hope yet.

well it’s only mid 2nd year. It took Barry Alvarez till year 4/5 before he got Wisconsin winning and it was about the same for a few other head coaches that had to do an actual rebuild. It’s Little to early in the rebuild to think anything definite just yet. Again, if we had better talent in place (decent to good Oline, better LBs, and all that) I’d bet my house and years pay check our team would look a lot different right now compared to struggling like we are now if Frost inherited better talent.

I can only speak for myself, but I am just dumbfounded at the lack of progress. Let’s hope that changes this week and we upset the Badgers

They will come back and their fair weather asses will try and jump back aboard the wagon acting as though they never did anything and that nothing ever happened and many will come back wanting to eat crow and the smart thing to do is tell them to get the fk lost, stay lost and go fk yourself. You are not welcome in Husker Nation as you are the ones that give any fan base a black eye. Your not welcome here. As a fan base we are not happy and rightfully shows with what's going on right now and being upset shows we care about our beloved program but many on here show a major psychosis that is not normal and is far from rational thought to the point of being just downright weird wanting to burn everything down. Coaching instability has haunted DONU since Osborne left. Under T.O. we had the longest tenured coaching staff in the nation, and that's what it takes for a program to be successful as it is the foundation of the program and culture. These coaches need time as ALOT of damage has been done to our beloved Huskers since Osborne retired. This is gonna take quite a it of time to turn around. Either you're in for the long haul or get off the train and stay off as it is completely one's choice.

Last edited:
Our QB coach hasn't even visited him this season and he visited others.

I know for a fact that Verduzco and Davis had been speaking regularly and that Nebraska wanted him.

The decision came down to the offensive system. Fuente uses a mobile QB to escape pressure and throw, Frost wants a guy who is a runner. Davis feels his skill set is a better fit at Va Tech.

It is as simple as that

well it’s only mid 2nd year. It took Barry Alvarez till year 4/5 before he got Wisconsin winning and it was about the same for a few other head coaches that had to do an actual rebuild. It’s Little to early in the rebuild to think anything definite just yet. Again, if we had better talent in place (decent to good Oline, better LBs, and all that) I’d bet my house and years pay check our team would look a lot different right now compared to struggling like we are now if Frost inherited better talent.

I don’t care about Barry Alvarez progress in the 1990s. There are programs that have turned around faster and were in just as bad shape as Nebraska too.

They will come back and their fair weather asses will try and jump back aboard the wagon acting as though they never did anything and that nothing ever happened and many will come back wanting to eat crow and the smart thing to do is tell them to get the fk lost, stay lost and go fk yourself. You are not welcome in Husker Nation as you are the ones that give any fan base a black eye. Your not welcome here.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we officially have the standard bearer of how to be a fan.

I wonder if we looked back at his posts during the Riley era if he was always pumping sunshine and saying tomorrow will be better. I wonder if he was told to either cheer for the team or go self fornicate and that he wouldn’t be “allowed” back in the fan base.

get over yourself.

this is a forum where people come to voice their frustrations. Deal with it.

The decision came down to the offensive system. Fuente uses a mobile QB to escape pressure and throw, Frost wants a guy who is a runner. Davis feels his skill set is a better fit at Va Tech.

It is as simple as that
C'mon, you are upsetting the narrative around here: WE DON'T WANT HIM! :p

Ladies and Gentlemen, we officially have the standard bearer of how to be a fan.

I wonder if we looked back at his posts during the Riley era if he was always pumping sunshine and saying tomorrow will be better. I wonder if he was told to either cheer for the team or go self fornicate and that he wouldn’t be “allowed” back in the fan base.

get over yourself.

this is a forum where people come to voice their frustrations. Deal with it.
It is true it is a forum, but unlike you I'm a season ticket holder and have been for alot of years now and donate to the University on an annual basis. RSS is ok, but the real fans are in the Stadium . There are number on here that are season ticket holders and have endured alot over the years but continue to be supporters and season ticket holders. In another post I stated that it's is a very good thing that South Stadium doesn't listen to the idiots on the board that think they are better than the coaches and know more than them as well as if that ever happened this program would be dead forever with no hope of ever being revived.

I suspect the definition of "rolling" is going to morph with time and results -- remember 7 straight years of averaging more than 9 wins and winning or tying for the division in 4 of the 7 years wasn't considered "rolling" and that we needed a new coach to "get our Huskers rolling"

I never said we passed. Personally, I would rather have Costelli over Tate Martell 2.0.
Not trying to contradict what you said. Above in the thread someone mentioned we haven't visited Davis. I was just stating an observation because I felt you knew something about him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT