ADVERTISEMENT

20 games into the Frost Era

It's almost assured that he will have a losing season next year unless the incoming class is severely underrated on the lines and they miraculously adjust to the scheme and D-I football immediately.

We are playing a bunch of guys who won't be here next year.

Terrible coaching strategy for long term success.

Reactions: tpmcg
I do like Fisher but I’m not sold on Verdu. 2AM has regressed. Verdu has recruited well though.

I think Verdu will have hopefully learned his lesson on over coaching a player and do better with McCaffrey and Smothers.

Still think Held is a boss in recruiting. And does more with less with our lack of depth at RB. All other assistants are less defendable though. Chins...I hate to say, but gotta go. I hate the defensive coaching carousel here in NE, but this is still Diaco at best...

Reactions: TheNewNU
Indiana can score...we gave them a very short field twice...14 points...the Vedral fumble cost us the game...you cannot expect a defense w/o draft picks to be lights out. We will give up 30 in good weather to a good offense every game. We have to score 30....the Vedral fumble was a 10-14 point swing. If we score 3, the final score is 34-31 or exactly what the line was...and what should be expected...even with a 3rd string qb.

what was their 3rd down completion %? They smoked us and we had no answer, time and time again. Stop half of those 3rd downs (just half like a normal B10 defense does against IU) and we win that game.

We are playing a bunch of guys who won't be here next year.

Terrible coaching strategy for long term success.

Frost is redshiring the freshman so they can be developed for a year first. It's the same thing Dabo did at Clemson. take the pain now for a full for 4 years of the first full recruited cycle for Frost. it's better to be great later than it is to burn their shirts for a couple of wins now. I know it sucks to lose now, and I don't like it either, but you don't play a lot of them just to play them for next year. You let them mature, learn the schemes in pratices, and work their way to the field next year.

Reactions: bshirt73
Frost is redshiring the freshman so they can be developed for a year first. It's the same thing Dabo did at Clemson. take the pain now for a full for 4 years of the first full recruited cycle for Frost. it's better to be great later than it is to burn their shirts for a couple of wins now. I know it sucks to lose now, and I don't like it either, but you don't play a lot of them just to play them for next year. You let them mature, learn the schemes in pratices, and work their way to the field next year.

“So they can be developed” is far from a sure thing under this staff.

we don't fire anyone for 5 years,
y'all wanted pass happy, we got it..the oregon offense..
if it don't happen in 5 years we go back to running the ball
thats the deal
How is today's loss on the offense? We ran for 220?

We are 8-12. It is panic time. Frost must make major changes to his staff.

Bo and Riley were 13-7
Callahan was 10-10

This is bad.
Craig Bohl is 7-1 this year, won a few national championships at North Dakota, just saying.

I believe it is time for Moos to get involved with an open and frank discussion with Frost as to where this team is and it's future development. That discussion would include the defensive scheme which is not working and the coaching ability of Chins. I think Frost has to take an honest and brutal look at the defensive side to begin with, and though very painful, will have to make the decision to fire Chins.

Reactions: Chuck003
Defense. How quickly one forgets the 3 total touchdowns we scored in the previous 3 games. The Offensive coaches have to be held accountable as well.

Bo and Riley were 13-7
Callahan was 10-10

This is bad.
I don't know who # 75 is on the offensive line, and I don't want to know who he is, because I would resent him for quite awhile, but on 2 plays that were just BLOWN UP, he whiffed so badly, he had to have had his eyes closed. I can speak from some experience as I was once an offensive lineman in the interior like he is. I couldn't really believe what I saw. Is Austin seeing this? Is the team that desperate for interior linemen? I guess recruiting must have been a lot worse than I suspected in the past?

Bo and Riley were 13-7
Callahan was 10-10

This is bad.
Callahan inherited a 10-3 team. A team that had players who played for a national title a few seasons earlier. He then had a losing record his first season. It was our first losing record in 4 decades! We also missed our first bowl game in decades!

We the fired Pelini because winning at least 9 games 7 straight seasons was unacceptable.

Mike Riley then inherited a team that had won 9 games every season for 7 straight seasons. He then had losing records 2 out of 3 seasons. He was then also fired. (Even though we hired him knowing he had a losing record at his former school.)

After 3 terrible coaching moves, we were able to land Frost. A coach who just went undefeated and won coach of the year. He's now been our coach for 1.5 years and people are blaming him for most of our failures.

BE LOGICAL. BY SHOWING OUR SUPPORT WE MAKE IT EASIER FOR FROST AND STAFF TO DO THEIR JOB!!!

Reactions: bshirt73
Indiana can score...we gave them a very short field twice...14 points...the Vedral fumble cost us the game...you cannot expect a defense w/o draft picks to be lights out. We will give up 30 in good weather to a good offense every game. We have to score 30....the Vedral fumble was a 10-14 point swing. If we score 3, the final score is 34-31 or exactly what the line was...and what should be expected...even with a 3rd string qb.
the shanked punt and KO out of bounds didn't help

Chin needs to go. We need someone who knows what they're doing. No more learning-on-the-job. Blackshirts? Pinkskirts.

Charlie McBride must be fuming. Maybe he's already well past that though. This isn't the first time we've seen this show.
they showed him a few times and 2 of those I thought to myself he had a bewildered look on his face

Reactions: TheNewNU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT