ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half Game Thread

I literally hate Bankers scheme. Good teams are going to torch our secondary if things aren't sured up..

Absolutely no pressure at all from the front four. Can't blame that on the secondary. Is JP all talk?

Front 4 isn't responsible for guys running wide open down the middle of the field...almost every play. Gerry made a good hit on 3rd down but the guy was open

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I literally hate Bankers scheme. Good teams are going to torch our secondary if things aren't sured up..

I can't bring myself to that conclusion yet....these are still Pelini guys that aren't suited to playing man-to-man on an island like Banker wants. Like it or not, Banker's scheme is why we are so stout against the run.

It's not going to improve this year. It's year 4 and the decision making under center looks like it's his first start ever.

We got what we got under center and on the d line. That's what happens when you basically take 2 full years off in recruiting cause you're anticipating not being here anymore.

Reactions: headcard
I can't bring myself to that conclusion yet....these are still Pelini guys that aren't suited to playing man-to-man on an island like Banker wants. Like it or not, Banker's scheme is why we are so stout against the run.

Agreed. I'm not super happy, but I haven't forgot the leaky run defense by Banker's predecessor.

just f'in awful
we have had multiple opportunities to put them away

now 17-7 and they get the ball to open the half

Oh please, it wasnt like Bo was playing a three deep zone all of time. There was plenty of man to man. Very poor excuse.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
This staff just doesn't have an aggressive streak in them....no way....you don't dictate the play on 4th and 12.

Jones is a very good corner. Very few people can cover a guy for 10 seconds

I feel like he's always a step behind and has been getting worked today.

I haven't had a chance to get on the forums till now- is Lamar Jackson out this week?

If we somehow hold off the mighty Wyoming, next week is going to be a bloodbath. Oregon gets at least 60 points on this defense.

Two consecutive games with **** first half performances. To bad teams. Why does everyone here think this is "our year" again?

Great play by them. Hell of a throw to a 6'5" reeciver. If that guy wasn't that tall, it's incomplete. Coverage wasn't bad.

ADVERTISEMENT