ADVERTISEMENT

1st HALF BOWL GAME THREAD!

what do you want them to do? he's ten times a better athlete than anyone in our front 7.

We may as well just give up and play defeatist then. They are not playing to contain Dobbs rather they are trying to chase the guy down instead..

Might have been a 10-point swing there, with the Huskers unable to make a tackle on 3rd and long. Could have gotten the ball and at least killed the clock, maybe gotten a shot at a FG.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
AANNDD once again our DE goes inside and gives up the run around the end.

We may as well just give up and play defeatist then. They are not playing to contain Dobbs rather they are trying to chase the guy down instead..

they can't do either. we're really bad. there's not much more to say. sad, i know.

Will someone let our DBs (especially Jackson) know that yiu have been taught since your were 7 years old you cant tackle something you cant see. Keep your head up and look where your target is.

I'm assuming our OTs understand that "Tackle" is the name of their position and NOT what they are supposed to let the other guy do to our QB(?)

Maybe we just have a semantics issue.

"we are playing a good football team"

giphy.gif

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I'm assuming our OTs understand that "Tackle" is the name of their position and NOT what they are supposed to let the other guy do to our QB(?)

Maybe we just have a semantics issue.
It's more likely that they're using the alternative definition of "offensive."

A few pointers:
*Our defense has been on the field all game.
*Tennessee's Defense has been bad the last part of the regular season, but that was due to injuries and they have most of those players back.
*We can't win if our O can't get into a rhythm.

Reactions: Bugeater
Tentative. Uncertain. Uninterested. In some ways it seems like they just want to fast forward through the game and get it over. Losing happens. But hard to keep me interested when they do not seem interested.

I'm close to 2012 levels with Pelini at this point. Pretty sure I've seen enough, but a small chance it gets better.

And the coaching staff is going to be able to go out and convince difference makers to sign with Nebraska? Good luck with that.

If you are Robert Beal and watched Georgia show heart to come back and a cohesive defensive scheme, why are you going to leave home to be part of this defense?

There's no desire to win, this team is out of shape and not prepared
Nebraska is a program that is slightly better than Minnesota and northwestern. No more, no less. It's painful to admit. A healthy tommy Armstrong doesn't make our D look any better in the first half (before they get gassed)

Today? This is how we look against anyone with a pulse.

I don't like being negative but this is so true at least defensively. It is pretty amazing to see how many bad offenses they've played this year that have hidden how good or bad a defense it really is. This was a pretty eye opening 1st half as it looks like the defense still has a ways to go.

Reactions: Agegoneby
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT