ADVERTISEMENT

1620 The Zone this morning

Jesseblackshirts43

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2017
Omaha, NE
Anybody listen to 1620 The Zone this morning?

They had Amie Just on from the Lincoln Journal Star as a guest speaker and it was a hard listen. I get that the sports media world is saturated with males and there a need for a female's perspective, especially when women's March Madness is bigger than ever.

BUT!

Her depiction of where the state of Nebraska sports was absolutely unlistenable. She constantly said "like" or "know what I'm saying" about 100x. Stated that the sports world is racist and we view black teams as something bad and white teams are "milk and cookies" (maybe some truth to this, but I don't get how you call white teams names to make a point). Then she went on and said that if Nebraska doesn't put money into NIL we would be "done for eternity". Eternity? I guess it's call being facetious, but you can't do that 10+x in a 30 minute segment, especially as a reporter. In addition to this, she was about as in-depth as she could be with suggesting to hit up the small donors around Easter when they are giving money, not large donors, but the ones that give a $100 here and there, albeit saying this after slipping up and saying the lord's name in vain a couple times.

All in all, it was an absolutely awful segment and you could tell Gary Sharp was ready to put a wrap on it. Certainly left it thinking that this lady hates the state of Nebraska (middle of nowhere comments, we aren't going to land big recruits anymore and Riaola was only because we had a connection). Did anybody else sit through this session from about 930 - 1000a today? I had no idea who Amie Just was until it was the very end - fully thinking it had to be some college sophomore they mistakenly had on, then they said she was with the Lincoln Journal Star!

20d.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News