ADVERTISEMENT

1620 Interview with Parrella player

jflores

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 3, 2004
Surprised I hadn't seen any mention of this. Did anyone catch the interview that John Bishop did on 1620 with one of Parrella's DL?

Kid was pretty well spoken, but I thought he did a great job of just conveying the raw emotion he felt for Parrella as a person and a coach.

Alot of stuff to the effect of "bottom line I'm just blessed to have had that man's presence in my life".

Very positive things about Parrella on the recruiting trail, both in home and on a visit to the school. Understated about tooting his own horn, but still able to pull that quiver out when needed.

One of the more interesting parts of the interview to me was when Bishop asked him what he knew about Parrella when he first started looking at Northern Michigan and the kid said something to the effect of "well, there was kind of a buzz around about this Parrella guy. I didn't know who he was. I googled him on the internet and found out he was a pretty successful guy etc."

Edit: It was interesting to me, because Parrella hasn't caused a particularly large buzz here in his home state for some, but somehow there was a buzz going around Northern Michigan, and where ever this particular player happened to be living when he was being recruited.

Basically left the listener with the impression that Parrella is going to be able to walk into rooms with authority, win the hearts and minds battle as well as the "what's kinda resume you got" types of battles with players and their families. And all of that isn't even including the attitude he brought to the DL on the field and technique and the whole bit.

He's going to be exciting to watch.

JP is a good hire IMHO. Can he "do his thing" under Banker.....meh not as sure.

In no way am I a tactician when it comes to football... I never played.

But what JP will bring is a tenacity and attacking attitude, along with what he learned at the highest positions in football. As long as the line isn't playing patty cake, I think he should be able to "do his thing" under banker.

Guess we'll see this fall.

In no way am I a tactician when it comes to football... I never played.

But what JP will bring is a tenacity and attacking attitude, along with what he learned at the highest positions in football. As long as the line isn't playing patty cake, I think he should be able to "do his thing" under banker.

Guess we'll see this fall.
What???? A measured response from one of us??? Good one, sir!!!!

Reactions: baseball31ne
What???? A measured response from one of us??? Good one, sir!!!!
Another plus here; this is a great hire. He is all Blackshirt and a dream type; walk-on and through Player. Even many who are so passionate in their desire to have Blackshirt fire back; that they overstate and seem like they are from Iowa, should be happy here. He has so many pluses on his resume; to have the final amount of experience some want, he would need to be 55 + ( and many here would bitch ); and have been at a top program already - somewhere like Nebraska . GBR

MSU plays the same scheme. They have had some pretty nasty DL.

I don't see why Parella working within Bankers x's and o's could haven't a successful time.

I heard the full interview.
That guy loves Parrella.
Mentor, Coach, Father figure. I think he called him all 3.
He said Parrella would ask him how's he doing, and he would say good.
Parrella would say good isn't good enough, you can be great.
Paraphrasing, but it was obvious he made a huge impact.

Reactions: timnsun
I heard the full interview.
That guy loves Parrella.
Mentor, Coach, Father figure. I think he called him all 3.
He said Parrella would ask him how's he doing, and he would say good.
Parrella would say good isn't good enough, you can be great.
Paraphrasing, but it was obvious he made a huge impact.
Thanks for more context. That's awesome to hear!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT