ADVERTISEMENT

09 April 2019 Game 27: Creighton at Nebraseball (Creighton wins 10-2)

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
One of just two home games between now and 26 April vs. Illinois.

Top 1st

1st pitch single up the middle to lead it off for Creighton.
Next batter K’s swinging for out #1.
Pop out to 1st for out #2.
A 2 run blast over the left center wall gives Creigton the early 2-0 lead.
Fly out to CF ends the top half.

2-0 Bad Guys

Top 2nd

Leadoff double to RF and a passed ball puts a runner on 3rd.
Next 2 batters strikeout.
Fly out to shallow RF ends the threat.

2-0 CU

Top 3rd

One out HBP to start it off for CU and a wild pitch moves the runner to 2nd.
The next batter walks.
Another HBP loads the bases.
2 RBI double down the LF line makes it a 4-0 game with runners on 2nd and 3rd.
Perry’s day is over as Mike Waldron comes in to pitch.
A SAC fly to CF scores another and a close play at 3rd allows the other runner to advance a bag.
Fly out the LF stops the bleeding.

5-0 CU

Top 4th

One out single past 1st for CU but is quickly picked off for the 2nd out.
Fly out the RF to end the frame.

5-0 CU

Bottom 4th

One out walk for Mojo.
Acker with the “at ‘Em” ball fly out to LF.
Perry breaks ups the no no with a liner to LF to put runners on 1st and 2nd.
Pitching change for CU.
Roskam grounds out to end the inning.

5-0 BJ’s

Top 5th

Leadoff walk for CU.
A groundout to 2nd gets the lead runner but the batter is safe on the FC.
Next batter is HBP.
A WP advances the runner to 3rd to put them on the corners.
A SAC fly to CF makes it a 6-0 ball game.
K ends the threat.

6-0 BJ’s

Bottom 6th

Mojo with a 2 out single up the middle.
Acker with a line drive right at the left fielder for the last out.

6-0 CU

Top 7th

Chad Luensmann now in to pitch and after back to back walks his day is done. Ben Klenke is now in to pitch.
RBI single to CF scores a run.
Another RBI is scored on a double to right center to put runners on 2nd and 3rd.
A groundout to 1st scores another and moves another runner to 3rd.
Sac fly to RF scores another run.
A bloop single to CF puts a runner on 1st.
A fly out to RF ends the damage.

10-0 CU

Bottom 7th

Rosey gets on with a HBP.
Roskam grounds out to 2nd but the runner does advance to 2nd.
Altavilla walks and CU goes to the bullpen.
Gomes with an RBI double to left center to break the shutout and put runners on 2nd and 3rd.
Henwood walks the bases loaded.
RBI groundout to 1st by Schwellenbach.
Palensky grounds out to end the inning.

10-2 CU

Top 8th

Martin now in to pitch for the Huskers and quickly gives up a leadoff single to left center.
The next batter K’s for the 1st out.
4-6-3 double play ends the top half.

10-2 CU

Bottom 8th

Leadoff single through the left side for Mojo.
Acker with a line drive out to CF.
Roseberry Ks.
Roskam flies out to RF.

10-2 CU

Top 9th

Byron Hood in to pitch and he looks like he has a little bit of the Yips as he throws about 3 pitches about 5 feet wide of the plate. Oddly enough he has three perfect pitches as well to get the K to start out the inning.
He does walk the the next batter after a full count.
Next two batters go down in order.

10-2 CU

Went to bed when it got to 5-0 CU and just looked at the box score. Our top 3 batters on the season went a combined 0/10 with no walks last night...

Palensky (.355): 0/4, no walks
Acker (.342): 0/4, no walks
Schwellenbach (.317): 0/2, no walks

The ol' chink in the armor showed up last night.
Pitching - awful, hitting - I mean, when this lineup gets just four hits off Johnny Wholestaff... [shakes head]. Didn't compete very well, did we?

I seem to want to write this off as baseball happens b/c that's actually a real thing but we have seen this before. Great string of winning baseball abruptly ends and we tank for a month.

Easy fix though, win the Penn St series and start it all up again. GBR

I seem to want to write this off as baseball happens b/c that's actually a real thing but we have seen this before. Great string of winning baseball abruptly ends and we tank for a month.
This is a constant fear of mine as a modern day Husker baseball fan. That is why I don't get all giddy over strings of wins anymore unfortunately. It is like I'm always talking myself down if I get excited. With that said, like you I hope it is just a blip by the end of the season.. :confused:

This is a constant fear of mine as a modern day Husker baseball fan. That is why I don't get all giddy over strings of wins anymore unfortunately. It is like I'm always talking myself down if I get excited. With that said, like you I hope it is just a blip by the end of the season.. :confused:
I posted a while back that I like how this team bounces back. If the 2019 pattern holds, they will play well against PSU. I’m crossing my fingers...

I know. Laughing

I keep bouncing between optimism and pessimism. Optimistic because there seems to be genuine talent on this team which happily surprised me but pessimistic because we were gifted with a very favorable schedule and, duh, we're supposed to win on such a schedule.

In the main, though, I'm mostly optimistic b/c Frisco and Baylor and b/c this team has flashed talentwise.

Just need to beat Penn St and Iowa - May is coming and we don't need to be restarting at that time. Would not make for a good May.

I know. Laughing

I keep bouncing between optimism and pessimism. Optimistic because there seems to be genuine talent on this team which happily surprised me but pessimistic because we were gifted with a very favorable schedule and, duh, we're supposed to win on such a schedule.

In the main, though, I'm mostly optimistic b/c Frisco and Baylor and b/c this team has flashed talentwise.

Just need to beat Penn St and Iowa - May is coming and we don't need to be restarting at that time. Would not make for a good May.
I fully admit I am a skeptic by nature. I promise if we ever win a national title I will not question the way we did it though. Winking

Reactions: k9_r and saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT