ADVERTISEMENT

08 March 2019 Game 11: Nebraseball at #21 Baylor (NU wins 12-4)

Top 9th

Gomes and Hallmark lead off the inning with back to back walks. Schwellenbach grounds out to 2nd but does advance the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Altavilla smashes a 3 run homerun to RF!!! Gomes just needs to hit them like that to keep from getting robbed right? Mojo walks. Palensky grounds Mojo out at 2nd but reaches on a fielders choice. Roskam K’s to stop the bleeding.

12-2 Husker Homerun Club

Reactions: gunNrun
Wow that south wind helping the boys tonight! We in btm 9 yet
Help me out: what is the thought process on rolling Chad L out for the B9 up 10 runs? Are they not able to pitch him in consecutive games yet because of restrictions from surgery? Seems like a waste when they could use him in other games this weekend.

Bottom 9th

Chad allows a 2 out HBP. A WP sends the runner to 2nd. A walk puts runners on 1st and 2nd. A WP advances the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Yet another WP scores a run and puts another runner on 3rd. A 4th WP scores another runner, but the bright side is the bases are now empty. Never mind, a walk puts a runner on 1st. Chad does K the final batter to end the game and give the Huskers the much needed win!

12-4 Huskers win!!!

That makes no sense. I'd really like to know how the decision for that came about.

on the radio last week they said that Baylor and Nerbaska are trying to work out a deal where Baylor returns a 3 game series in Lincoln in a couple years.

I wouldn't want to give up that series next year if I were Baylor either. Short notice series won't sell a lot of tickets. They would lose some money if they just came to Lincoln next year.

Chad may not come back from the injury. Just doesn’t seem to have the same feel for the ball. It’s still early though so we will see as the season progresses. Still wish they didn’t mess with his role because he was on pace to be the best closer in school history.

Bottom 9th

Chad allows a 2 out HBP. A WP sends the runner to 2nd. A walk puts runners on 1st and 2nd. A WP advances the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Yet another WP scores a run and puts another runner on 3rd. A 4th WP scores another runner, but the bright side is the bases are now empty. Never mind, a walk puts a runner on 1st. Chad does K the final batter to end the game and give the Huskers the much needed win!

12-4 Huskers win!!!

That is some of the worst pitching I have ever seen. I thought he was going to give up 10 runs.

This was by far our best approach at the plate this year. We didn’t play scared which was a nice change. Younger guys are getting more confident and the vets are settling back in after slumps last season.

Despite getting the final out...
Awesome game.

Matt Waldron with two Wins over 2 ranked teams in 2 weeks!
Liked the switch of Angelo and Spencer at Short and 3rd.
Roskam getting his swing on.
Acker played good again.

Let's not be satisfied!
The weekend isn't over.
1 game doesn't win the series.
Go Huskers!

Chad may not come back from the injury. Just doesn’t seem to have the same feel for the ball. It’s still early though so we will see as the season progresses. Still wish they didn’t mess with his role because he was on pace to be the best closer in school history.
Hopefully there hasn’t been a re-injury....

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Despite getting the final out...
Awesome game.

Matt Waldron with two Wins over 2 ranked teams in 2 weeks!
Liked the switch of Angelo and Spencer at Short and 3rd.
Roskam getting his swing on.
Acker played good again.

Let's not be satisfied!
The weekend isn't over.
1 game doesn't win the series.
Go Huskers!
Don’t forget Gomes. Kid was 2 feet away from a 2 HR day. That’s baseball though.

Question will Nebraska get to be the home team today or tomorrow?.

Realize we’re playing in Waco, but it was done because of weather conditions..

Question will Nebraska get to be the home team today or tomorrow?.

Realize we’re playing in Waco, but it was done because of weather conditions..
Nope. Baylor is the official home team all weekend. There really is no motivation for Baylor not to take the home team since they are being treated as a home team when it comes to RPI calculations anyway.

Oddly enough, winning yesterday on the road helps us more than if we did the same thing at home.

Don't look now but RPI 12 and SOS 7.

Been peeking at that too, since coolonetoo brought it up.
In fact, the entire B1G, except Purdue, has good rpi numbers.
Iowa is sitting at #11 right now.

UC Riverside is even around the 122 mark at 6-8.

Maybe this tough scheduling concept is finally paying off?

Had to edit... Live RPI numbers keep changing by the second

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT