ADVERTISEMENT

06 May: Maryland (20-26,6-10,RPI#107) at Nebraseball (21-23,5-10,RPI#117) - NU wins 5-2

I'm not worried about tiebreakers, we've played two less games than Rutgers and one less than Michigan State. I think 4-2 gets it done, as I see Michigan State (2-4), Maryland (3-3), and Rutgers (2-4) struggling down the stretch.

Now as for the odds of NU winning consecutive series against Indiana and Illinois...
Too bad we don’t finish with PSU this year.

Reactions: saluno22
I'm not worried about tiebreakers, we've played two less games than Rutgers and one less than Michigan State. I think 4-2 gets it done, as I see Michigan State (2-4), Maryland (3-3), and Rutgers (2-4) struggling down the stretch.

Now as for the odds of NU winning consecutive series against Indiana and Illinois...

3-3 beats a 2-4 Rutgers and a 1-5 MSU. Nothing finer than grabbing that coveted 8 seed by relying on the ineptitude of one's opponents. We beat Maryland by matching wins with them.

Here's an oddity, Rutgers is ahead of us by a teensy but, if we both (miraculously) win out, we move ahead of them. It's that 22 games vs 24 games thingy.

Also, after this weekend's games we are now mathematically eliminated from 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Can still get to 4th tho.

One last thing......

HF31 SIGHTING! HF31 SIGHTING! SmokinSmokinSmokinSmokinSmokin

Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT