ADVERTISEMENT

😂 Iowa loses its 5 star OT!!

The kid is super flaky, but he did come to his senses.

At Alabama, he has a high chance of being a national champion, he will still get paid, and if he follows the script, he will be a top NFL pick. he will have the same coach his entire collegiate career. He probably had some family hoping he would be closer to home so they could see him play.
Nope, his mom wanting him to go to Alabama and stay. I believe she moved down there. Whether it was his decision or others, no one really knows. But the $$$ from Bama were too hard to turn down. As I said before, it is what it is. Yes, national championship much higher chance, but getting to the NFL he has the same chance at any school.

Nope, his mom wanting him to go to Alabama and stay. I believe she moved down there. Whether it was his decision or others, no one really knows. But the $$$ from Bama were too hard to turn down. As I said before, it is what it is. Yes, national championship much higher chance, but getting to the NFL he has the same chance at any school.
His mom was like “ are you really gonna leave me to live in Alabama all by myself?”

Reactions: Streamer15
What about it is a disaster?
The fact that commitment and loyalty is completely gone from college athletics now. There’s zero enforcement on transfers. I get the whole free market thing and the rights to make money and go where you want, but what was once awesome about college football is gone now. These kids can give two shits about the schools, history, fanbase etc. now. It’s show me the money and I’ll play for you, and if I don’t like it after a certain amount if time, I’m leaving anyways to likely more money.

Reactions: countrybob
The fact that commitment and loyalty is completely gone from college athletics now. There’s zero enforcement on transfers. I get the whole free market thing and the rights to make money and go where you want, but what was once awesome about college football is gone now. These kids can give two shits about the schools, history, fanbase etc. now. It’s show me the money and I’ll play for you, and if I don’t like it after a certain amount if time, I’m leaving anyways to likely more money.
did "commitment and loyalty" ever exist?

or were players playing by the rules, just like today?

for some reason it's okay for people when perceived "adults" make choices that they believe are better for them. but it's the end of the world when "kids" (who are old enough to die for their country) do it.

I’d be curious on this as well, and if he got any money he should have to return it period. There needs to be some kind of governance over the whole NIL thing… I’m all for the kids getting paid for what they bring to the university, but I’m not in favor of the system getting used and abused… NIL has absolutely turned the NCAA to a 24/7 free agency where kids are not taught the meaning of commitment, competition, or loyalty. I understand some kids may have made the wrong choice on their first commitment, and somethings happen that’s out of their control, but this madness needs to be put in check

Well at Iowa it is 0% so yeah....

I’d be curious on this as well, and if he got any money he should have to return it period. There needs to be some kind of governance over the whole NIL thing… I’m all for the kids getting paid for what they bring to the university, but I’m not in favor of the system getting used and abused… NIL has absolutely turned the NCAA to a 24/7 free agency where kids are not taught the meaning of commitment, competition, or loyalty. I understand some kids may have made the wrong choice on their first commitment, and somethings happen that’s out of their control, but this madness needs to be put in check
I sort of disagree...if some moron wants to just give you money that is on him.

The kid doesn't work for the old dude or the collective. They are gambling that the kid they paid will turn out to be great for them.

I suppose you kind of have to look at this as a Sugar Daddy-Sugar Baby arrangement. You are paying that girl but she has all the power.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Except he likely used the situation as leverage to get a better NIL deal to return to Alabama. Not a very good look for him as a person of any integrity but at least from a Husker standpoint he's better at Alabama than at Iowa.
This happens in business everyday. I’m not an active participant in that but see many who do it. Don’t love it on a personal level but do love the free market!

Thank you for telling me how my experiences are not similar even though I feel like they are, interesting.
You leaving a job after 12 years is similar to a college athlete transferring to Iowa only to transfer back to Alabama 2 months later? Ok then. 👍

Reactions: drubendall
As far as the NIL for that guy goes...does anyone know for sure if he got the whole lump sum and booked or did he receive anything yet?? I'm curious....because I find it difficukt to believe he got a 100K lump sum before ever playing a down and then skipped town.

We’re talking about low IQ iowans here fwiw. So yeah, they probably gave him all or most of it up front.

Much higher chance of contracting an STD at iowa as well.

I sort of disagree...if some moron wants to just give you money that is on him.

The kid doesn't work for the old dude or the collective. They are gambling that the kid they paid will turn out to be great for them.

I suppose you kind of have to look at this as a Sugar Daddy-Sugar Baby arrangement. You are paying that girl but she has all the power.
I’d challenge you to honestly tell me how you’d feel if the same happened to Nebraska?

I do understand what you’re saying and you’re not wrong with your train of thought, however the reality is with the kid taking the money from the collective, that’s money that could be used to bring in a different recruit, one of similar rank or higher that would stay…

How do you normally feel if you pay for a service and then they don’t even lift a finger towards following through with their end of the deal? I’d venture to guess you would be furious and attempt to recoup the money, most here would agree. It’s the same concept except the collective is paying money that could be used for a different recruits service, and that robs our beloved Huskers.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
I’d challenge you to honestly tell me how you’d feel if the same happened to Nebraska?

I do understand what you’re saying and you’re not wrong with your train of thought, however the reality is with the kid taking the money from the collective, that’s money that could be used to bring in a different recruit, one of similar rank or higher that would stay…

How do you normally feel if you pay for a service and then they don’t even lift a finger towards following through with their end of the deal? I’d venture to guess you would be furious and attempt to recoup the money, most here would agree. It’s the same concept except the collective is paying money that could be used for a different recruits service, and that robs our beloved Huskers.
But you are NOT paying for their service, it is not pay for play. It is them getting paid for their name, image and likeness.

Which means you could just as easily have a HORRIBLE player, that for some reason is super popular and famous and sells tons of gear for the school and you pay him a ton because it helps the school profit.

I would not be furious if this happened to NU, just like I don't care that Trev left and I don't care that Dylan went to UGA first. I just don't really get mad like that about this kind of stuff. I can 100% understand why NU fans would be pissed if it happened to us though, I just don't get that about this stuff.

Reactions: Streamer15
But you are NOT paying for their service, it is not pay for play. It is them getting paid for their name, image and likeness.

Which means you could just as easily have a HORRIBLE player, that for some reason is super popular and famous and sells tons of gear for the school and you pay him a ton because it helps the school profit.

I would not be furious if this happened to NU, just like I don't care that Trev left and I don't care that Dylan went to UGA first. I just don't really get mad like that about this kind of stuff. I can 100% understand why NU fans would be pissed if it happened to us though, I just don't get that about this stuff.
I see that said quite often that it’s not a pay to play, and on the surface that’s correct, we can’t tie the NIL to stats, or downs played, that is true, but to say it’s not a pay to play is a bit naive… I don’t see UNL or many other colleges at that shelling out that kind of money to just any other student on campus because they show up in a commercial for UNL… I just think that’s an easy excuse to justify those actions…

I don’t get upset or hate anyone because they get paid like that, I mean if they’re offering the money then take it, I just think that they should be forced to give it back if they don’t stay at least a full year, there is no doubt this kid will transfer somewhere else (most likely bama) and will make more money… again… it’s abusing what the system is meant for, and that’s what bothers, as it should anyone else

ZZLR2X.gif

I have not read the post, but I can attest they give a trophy on a single post!

I still have trophy, iowegins find that important.
I have one post there. 5 years ago or so.

It is comic relief reading that board.

HBK and I have equal posts on Iowa board.

I still have my trophy, for what that is worth?
😜
Consider wandering over there and Peeing on Proctor's name and calling his mother an addict. j/k, I know normal people don't do that.

HBK has a video posted somewhere here in which one of four talking heads said the herks are the worst fan base he's ever seen. That vid is a keeper.

I have not read the post, but I can attest they give a trophy on a single post!

I still have trophy, iowegins find that important.
I have one post there. 5 years ago or so.

It is comic relief reading that board.

HBK and I have equal posts on Iowa board.

I still have my trophy, for what that is worth? 😜
It is a great line, proud of it for years.
So tempting to post against their collective misunderstanding, but my score there is 1-1-1

Reactions: HawkeyePvssies
Consider wandering over there and Peeing on Proctor's name and calling his mother an addict. j/k, I know normal people don't do that.

HBK has a video posted somewhere here in which one of four talking heads said the herks are the worst fan base he's ever seen. That vid is a keeper.
Someone called me an enabler of an addict.

No truth, but hard to see.

Nebraska has bad moments from fans too.

Reactions: Laner2
Where is the celebration threads about Ohio State losing Biggs, or Michigan losing three quarters of their entire roster? I mean I don't see programs like Purdue being brought up whenever they take a hit.

Iowa still sucks, irrelevant. Never going to be anything to Nebraska. Yet you cherish every bit of bad news to hit the news. You don't treat the two heavies that way, and they've owned you. You don't treat programs below you that way, probably because you truly don't care.

Yet you relish in the Hawkeyes misfortunes. Even though most of you say they mean nothing to you. I can tell you that Iowa fans trash Nebraska because they do view the Huskers as a relevant foe. Even more so than Minnesota, who they have a much longer history with. But Iowa fans will never dislike Minnesota as much as Minnesota dislikes Iowa.

Programs like Ohio State and Michigan are a tier above, and it sucks to not see them yearly. But Iowa knows those are the big two. Beating them is great, very rare. But it's not heartbreaking to lose to them, like it is Wisconsin.

What am I getting at? Simple, the bad blood has built up. Iowa isn't a Blueblood, Nebraska has been one. But the mystique has faded. Yet the game matters, Iowa takes it serious. It shouldn't be hard to admit Nebraska does to.

Iowa is more important than Ohio State or Michigan. Not nationally, but in terms of Nebraska needing to beat.

Iowa will never be Oklahoma, but they are a rival.
Hey there Michelle,
Happy Easter troll!

Where is the celebration threads about Ohio State losing Biggs, or Michigan losing three quarters of their entire roster? I mean I don't see programs like Purdue being brought up whenever they take a hit.

Iowa still sucks, irrelevant. Never going to be anything to Nebraska. Yet you cherish every bit of bad news to hit the news. You don't treat the two heavies that way, and they've owned you. You don't treat programs below you that way, probably because you truly don't care.

Yet you relish in the Hawkeyes misfortunes. Even though most of you say they mean nothing to you. I can tell you that Iowa fans trash Nebraska because they do view the Huskers as a relevant foe. Even more so than Minnesota, who they have a much longer history with. But Iowa fans will never dislike Minnesota as much as Minnesota dislikes Iowa.

Programs like Ohio State and Michigan are a tier above, and it sucks to not see them yearly. But Iowa knows those are the big two. Beating them is great, very rare. But it's not heartbreaking to lose to them, like it is Wisconsin.

What am I getting at? Simple, the bad blood has built up. Iowa isn't a Blueblood, Nebraska has been one. But the mystique has faded. Yet the game matters, Iowa takes it serious. It shouldn't be hard to admit Nebraska does to.

Iowa is more important than Ohio State or Michigan. Not nationally, but in terms of Nebraska needing to beat.

a5ac0da5-437f-4aa4-90a2-15abd9c73b47_text.gif

Annndddd, on the Io_a board another thread about Trev has started. Go back to servicing the men's restrooms on I-35.

I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT