ADVERTISEMENT

“Undeniable progress” ….

Interesting about so-called hard facts on NIL at Creighton and supposedly MSU compared to Nebraska in men’s basketball. We are way behind. But both those programs have much better basketball histories, especially MSU. The thing is with privacy matters, we don’t get facts in public just conjecture. I don’t believe, necessarily, that Creighton and MSU boosters are supplying NIL to men’s basketball athletes much better than Nebraska. Where is the facts?

Since those two programs are historically better than Nebraska can dream about. Those in this thread who espouse our NIL is way behind the Bluejays and Spartans. I want facts. Not guessing and maybe people with agendas that would lead to major change again. Like in coaching. I do know our main problem in basketball is talent compared to our competItion. We are behind. Nothing new. But are we behind in basketball NIL?

IDK and neither does few/some posters without public facts. Honesty and transparency is missing here, just like in politics. We are a close to bottom dweller in men’s basketball. Always have been and the future is murky. Our lack of population and lack of regular all-conference types in men’s basketball and football are the main reasons we haven’t been able to compete in those two sports In the Big Ten.

The Big 10 has states with much more population than Nebraska does. We are the worst. Football has history of overachieving despite this fact. Plus, last century, the state produced more in-state players of national significance for Nebraska. I recently gave to 1890. Their website mentions the sports of football and volleyball. My two favorite Nebraska sports. Those two sports i think nebraska can be competitive nationally. Depending on how fast it evolves and develops, NIL talks about helping baseball and maybe another sport or two.

IDK the numbers for NIL at Nebraska and how it is distributed. But even with our extremely fervent fan base, it seems impossible to fund NIL at national comparable levels in men’s football, basketball, baseball, women’s basketball and volleyball. Plus a few other Nebraska sports.
here is a fact:

Kansas has awarded basketball seniors on scholarship a $250k check on graduation day since 1991

the Creighton facts posted here are not conjecture. they are accurate, and I have heard as much from people within Bruce Rassmussen's office as well as sizable Jay donors.

$75k check 2x per year for every Creighton hoopster on scholarship is where they start.

have heard nothing from any NU crowd, sadly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT