ADVERTISEMENT

Spring football

last year, we finished 2nd in the B1G in rush yards/game and 4th in total rushing

take away the entire conference's QB rush yards and we rank:

9th in rush yards/game
10th in total rushing
That's some good number crunching there.

It would have been nice for Frost to have had another year of service from Zig. Had a great season and has kicked around on pro rosters of one type or another. Probably our bests back since the great trio we had from Roy to AA, but def a cut below them. I do think the HS success of EJ and Dowdell can't be discounted. And both spent a year buried on a roster, and I would imagine a guy who had enormous HS success would come out of that determined to prove himself. EJ got a chance to show what he could do. I'm hoping for a similar or better performance from Dowdell.
Of the recent backs that have produced at a high level, Roy 5.5 3*, Rex a 5.8 4*, AA was a 5.7 3* and Zig was a 5.6 3*. One minor blue chip in the bunch. Don't really remember Roy's recruitment, but I know the staff really wanted Rex. NU got AA because the staff agreed to give him shot at RB. He was ranked lower than Heard and Green, the two blue chip RBs from that cycle.
Ron Brown liked EJ, and I'll take his word when it comes to RBs.

Yeah I hope you are right. One thing though HS success doesn't always translate to college success at the position. We have had a ton of kids who killed it in HS but couldn't Crack the DC much here.

Roy was recruited by Cally. I actually think he was an athlete who could've played safety or RB. Everyone else you listed you got the story right. Rex and AA were Bo guys.

I hope EJ or Dowdell becomes a guy. I watched EJ and "liked" EJ but I didn't "love" him. Seems tough a nails for his size and kinda shifty. Strong for his size as well. For Dowdell it's only HS film and hard to know how it will translate. I will say he looks the part though. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Holla

Reactions: inWV
So Nash gets to eat tons of yummy food for the next 3-4 months??? Lucky!
That dude has a big engine to run, takes a lot of fuel.
You know after properly cutting 45 pounds he has to look forward to seeing a real training table again.

That dude has a big engine to run, takes a lot of fuel.
You know after properly cutting 45 pounds he has to look forward to seeing a real training table again.
No kidding!

Plus that food at the training table looks really good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT