ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries

It is time. If they can keep grass at Lambeau and Chicago into Dec. and Jan, they can have a nice grass field in Lincoln into late Nov.

I’m not sure of the logistics, but if they could outfit the stadium with a system similar to the SubAir heating and cooling system at Haymarket Park, then they should have no problem maintaining it year round.

It is time. If they can keep grass at Lambeau and Chicago into Dec. and Jan, they can have a nice grass field in Lincoln into late Nov.
They were talking on Husker online about this and mentioned the other uses for Memorial Stadium … concerts, volleyball night, state football championships. Etc. Are there any natural grass fields where they repurpose for non football activities? Arizona has their field that can move out for other activities I believe.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
They were talking on Husker online about this and mentioned the other uses for Memorial Stadium … concerts, volleyball night, state football championships. Etc. Are there any natural grass fields where they repurpose for non football activities? Arizona has their field that can move out for other activities I believe.
f*ck the non-football events

nobody cares about volleyball

the field can handle football state title games

if not for football, the place doesn't exist. letting the non-football events drive anything re: Memorial Stadium is idiotic.

host that happy horseshit somewhere else

Anyone know which teams have grass in the Big 10? NW, Purdue, Michigan, PSU....?? New schools. I imagine UCLA and USC have grass. @rrthusker ?
Oregon and Washington have field turf..
tOSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Clarkeyes, Wisconsin, MSU, Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland all have field turf..

Did I miss anyone?

Reactions: HBK4life
Here's the NFL teams with grass. 9 of those are cold weather teams.
NFL Stadiums With Grass

• State Farm Stadium | Arizona Cardinals
  • M&T Bank Stadium | Baltimore Ravens
  • Soldier Field | Chicago Bears
  • FirstEnergy Stadium | Cleveland Browns
  • Empower Field at Mile High | Denver Broncos
  • Lambeau Field | Green Bay Packers
  • TIAA Bank Field | Jacksonville Jaguars
  • GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium | Kansas City Chiefs
  • Allegiant Stadium | Las Vegas Raiders
  • Hard Rock Stadium | Miami Dolphins
  • Lincoln Financial Field | Philadelphia Eagles
  • Acrisure Stadium | Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Levi’s Stadium | San Francisco 49ers
  • FedExField | Washington Commanders

if not for football, the place doesn't exist. letting the non-football events drive anything re: Memorial Stadium is idiotic.

I’m not stumping for other activities taking priority. With that said if I had a huge asset I would want to figure out a way to make it safe for players and use it as much as I could. I think I both things can be accomplished.

Reactions: HBK4life
I’m not stumping for other activities taking priority. With that said if I had a huge asset I would want to figure out a way to make it safe for players and use it as much as I could. I think I both things can be accomplished.
given the leadership track record at NU and in the state over the last ___ years, I do not think both things can be accomplished

focus on football only. win. repeat.

Reactions: RBigredMax

It is amazing that people act like taking care of a grass field is the hardest thing in the world.

It is grass...it will be fine.

It is amazing that people act like taking care of a grass field is the hardest thing in the world.

It is grass...it will be fine.
It is hard especially if you get a bad weather game. It can get tore up pretty quick. It’s not like trying to take care of your yard.

It is hard especially if you get a bad weather game. It can get tore up pretty quick. It’s not like trying to take care of your yard.
also unlike your yard:

Nebraska Football is a $Billion business & has relative resources

also unlike your yard:

Nebraska Football is a $Billion business & has relative resources
I get that -sometimes the pros have to resod some spots that get tore up in the season. And a piece of sod that hasn’t quite taken yet can be just or more dangerous than field turf.

Reactions: scarletred
"Nobody cares about volleyball." lol Good to know.
-YwnBlrq

They are self funded (only program in country I think). Sellout streak is crazy.

I think we could say “Kong doesn’t care about volleyball”.
yawn

if Lincolnites were presented with literally any other option during whichever time of the year volleyball season is they'd do that instead

it's a zero

the fact our former AD made a mockery of our state and Football Stadium with it last year still makes me want to puke

yawn

if Lincolnites were presented with literally any other option during whichever time of the year volleyball season is they'd do that instead

it's a zero

the fact our former AD made a mockery of our state and Football Stadium with it last year still makes me want to puke
Volleyball season is during the most celebrated season in all of Nebraska - yet they still sell out.

Not sure I agree with your take on mockery part. It’s an entertaining sport and we have one of the best squads in the country. Will I go out of my way to watch each match. No, but there are plenty of people who do care and watch and that was more than apparent last year.

Not going to piss match with you over this one - but it’s definitely no zero by a long ways. You could say the same about women’s basketball last year but that was proven wrong due to CC thoughout the country. Now, people likely won’t care next year but they didn’t definitely did last year.

Reactions: Husker Todd
This is KK’s MO, not sure how people haven’t seen it. He makes statements bound to trigger certain posters. It works.

Every time.

When he posts stuff like this, just let him be. No need to try to tell him otherwise. Whether he legitimately believes no one cares or not is immaterial.

Edit: he makes solid posts about the turf and why we need to go to a grass field. The rest is for fun to see who will bite.

This is KK’s MO, not sure how people haven’t seen it. He makes statements bound to trigger certain posters. It works.

Every time.

When he posts stuff like this, just let him be. No need to try to tell him otherwise. Whether he legitimately believes no one cares or not is immaterial.

Edit: he makes solid posts about the turf and why we need to go to a grass field. The rest is for fun to see who will bite.
Me:
bass GIF

Reactions: timnsun

Every time.

you give me way, way too much credit, Tim.

I post my opinions. nothing more, nothing less.

here's another:

if you truly care about volleyball as just a fan (no daughter on the team, no husband/wife on the coaching staff), you're a colossal loser.

you give me way, way too much credit, Tim.

I post my opinions. nothing more, nothing less.

here's another:

if you truly care about volleyball as just a fan (no daughter on the team, no husband/wife on the coaching staff), you're a colossal loser.
lol - they brought in more revenue than baseball in 2023. Would we notice if the baseball team folded?

lol - they brought in more revenue than baseball in 2023. Would we notice if the baseball team folded?
no.

we're pushing a rope trying to field a competitive baseball team in a low mid-major conference.

and this is coming from a huge baseball fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT