ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Raiola hype train

Iowa fans would take him in a heartbeat but could never land someone like him. Their own 5 star home grown kid made them look like fools …. Twice.

They are scrounging the portal right now because their garbage #2 transferred and their #1 is as injury prone as a 90 year old.
Talked to my Iowa buddy today. McNamara is hurt again. Their lardo qb went to the portal, or buffet. I can’t remember what he said.

Either way, their room is in shambles

Didn't watch the full spring game, only the highlights.

I'm trying my best to stay off the Koolaid, the batch brewed during the Frost years made it hard to consume again

That said, it is pretty unreal watching Raiola. There's an "it" factor present that you can't quantify, but you can see it.

It has been 2 tough decades, we deserve this and I have really good feelings about the direction Husker football is headed

Raiola will be our starter from game one. Bank on it. Kaelin will redshirt. HH? A backup QB who I hope never sees the field. I am not buying the off season hype about how improved he is. His throwing mechanics still seemed the same to me. Last year he was a turnover machine. So as far as I am concerned he is a liability until he proves otherwise. We will ride Raiola to a very good season so long as he stays healthy.

AM had holes in his game that were apparent from the jump. But most dismissed them with the always present “he will improve” mantra. There was just enough talent around him, veteran o-line, 1,000 yard rusher and receiver. Even at K-State he couldn’t shake clear of his past.
Didn't he do a lot better at KSUcks?

Admitting I was expecting something more raw from Raiola. He looks every bit his hype.
At least from a highlight impression. I wasn't able to view the game. Smooth, sees the field and sees it quickly.
Anyone have am inkling to his athleticism.?Can he run or scramble if the situation calls for it?
He looked good for a Spring game. He is a Freshman. Mistakes are coming you know that 100%. He telegraphed some passes he will not get away with in the BIG 10.

Still the best guy we have had in a very very long time. Just needs some real game time and experience.

Admitting I was expecting something more raw from Raiola. He looks every bit his hype.
At least from a highlight impression. I wasn't able to view the game. Smooth, sees the field and sees it quickly.
Anyone have am inkling to his athleticism.?Can he run or scramble if the situation calls for it?
Don’t you get BTN where you live it’s been on twice yesterday.

Give you a heads up it’s on again at 5:00 today..

my Iowa buddy
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: huskerfan66
Considering the current state of the program, DR is most important recruit in Husker history. Might sound like hyperbole, but it isn’t.
When he announced he was coming here - I thought he would be a program turning recruit not only for his talent but the talent who would come here because of him. Now we just need to win and this momentum will pick up quickly.

Rhule does an outstanding job of selling our program, he’s great with media to keep exposure high. It appears we have a talented group and our lines are finally coming of age.

We win 7-8+ games this year and potentially knock off someone we shouldn’t, we will be back on track going into Rhule’s 3rd year.

Just gotta win to wrap it all up. Our schedule sets up nearly perfectly for a freshman qb to get his sea legs. Go time!!!!

When he announced he was coming here - I thought he would be a program turning recruit not only for his talent but the talent who would come here because of him. Now we just need to win and this momentum will pick up quickly.

Rhule does an outstanding job of selling our program, he’s great with media to keep exposure high. It appears we have a talented group and our lines are finally coming of age.

We win 7-8+ games this year and potentially knock off someone we shouldn’t, we will be back on track going into Rhule’s 3rd year.

Just gotta win to wrap it all up. Our schedule sets up nearly perfectly for a freshman qb to get his sea legs. Go time!!!!
Agree 100%. Have to capitalize on all levels. Winning, recruiting, player retention, NIL donations.

Yep. The 2024 program must look different, feel different and the results different most of all.

JK! 😜 iowa fans don’t have jobs or wives.

V-Doub this is incorrect, they do have wives, if their parents produced a female child as well. If they are lucky and their parents have conceived multiple females, they have taken them all for a test drive and selected the best to be their bride.

Reactions: V-Doub

Reactions: BleedRed78
Raiola will be our starter from game one. Bank on it. Kaelin will redshirt. HH? A backup QB who I hope never sees the field. I am not buying the off season hype about how improved he is. His throwing mechanics still seemed the same to me. Last year he was a turnover machine. So as far as I am concerned he is a liability until he proves otherwise. We will ride Raiola to a very good season so long as he stays healthy.
I want to see HH play a lot this year in the second half when we are up by four TDs. That would be awesome.

They didn’t make him make tough decisions when throwing. Nebraska didn’t play to players strengths under Frost at all.
Listening to Rhule, the staff is going to zero in on the things each skill player does well. Dowdell hadn't been impressing much in spring ball, but then showed some pop during the spring game. Raiola appears to be able to get the ball the a variety of places on the field. For example, it blocked well, Bonner could a handful taking short passes out of the flat. We didn't see Rahmir in spring, but Rhule has liked what he can do since becoming HC and he to can be productive in the short throw game. Raiola gives the offense a much better chance to be productive in all areas of the playbook.

Whatever train it is, I'm on board.

He is obviously our QB for the near future, and has an obvious amount of talent.

Just hope Husker fans will be at least a tad bit patient, and not expect pure greatness from day 1.
I am not hype train here I am talking fact. That two point conversion pass that he threw to A Bullock only a handful at best QBs in college right know could throw that pass.

V-Doub this is incorrect, they do have wives, if their parents produced a female child as well. If they are lucky and their parents have conceived multiple females, they have taken them all for a test drive and selected the best to be their bride.

It’s a sad and sick state of affairs over there…

Reactions: Husker Todd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT