ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Raiola hype train

There was a lot of hype about Adrian Martinez his freshman year too.

What's funny about this comment is that Adrian Martinez played on a team that allowed 440 yards and 31 points per game.

He ended that season with 3200 yards and 25 total TDs. I want everyone in this thread, who isn't an Iowa fan, to seriously consider what Nebraska can be if Raiola has 3200 yards and 25 TDs in 2024.

I ask that question because I can guarantee Nebraska's defense is not going to allow 440 yards and 31 ppg. Hell, I don't even think they will allow 340 yards and 21 points per game.

Didn't he do a lot better at KSUcks?
amart, after being injured, was beat out by will howard. adian's best game was a win over oklahoma in norman. he was hurt the next game at tcu and never started thereafter.

k-state won the b12 championship that year. amart was credited with mentoring howard, who himself will be starting at the ohio state university this fall. you'll see if he sucks (your word) october 26th.

images

amart, after being injured, was beat out by will howard. adian's best game was a win over oklahoma in norman. he was hurt the next game at tcu and never started thereafter.

k-state won the b12 championship that year. amart was credited with mentoring howard, who himself will be starting at the ohio state university this fall. you'll see if he sucks (your word) october 26th.

images
Is it a lock he’s going to start? How did he look in their spring game.

Is it a lock he’s going to start? How did he look in their spring game.
one of their 4* qb's just went portal. i presume that was from the will howard effect but really don't follow the ohio state university, so who knows?

one of their 4* qb's just went portal. i presume that was from the will howard effect but really don't follow the ohio state university, so who knows?
Thought I read they had 7 scholarship QB’s. Can’t remember where so could be way off.

Thought I read they had 7 scholarship QB’s. Can’t remember where so could be way off.
i presume howard is making around $1M to play in c'bus. so i would expect him to at the minimum start the season at qb over there.

Do we know any details about his upcoming training with Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City? For example: How long will it last? Are there other college QB's there? When does it begin? Etc.

Do we know any details about his upcoming training with Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City? For example: How long will it last? Are there other college QB's there? When does it begin? Etc.
What I could gather from his interviews is that he’s going to train with Pat’s trainer and he’s hoping he’ll workout with Pat. I would guess it’s not a workshop with the trainer and is more 1-1. I would assume he will give DR some insight to the drills he and Pat work through so he can incorporate them in his training routine.

Reactions: Laner2
This stood out to me as a guy who wants to surround himself with other successful people. What is it that they say.. you are the sum of the 5 people you most hang around, or something to that effect? He seems pretty serious about being the best he can be and with his talent, the sky is the limit.

I think what speaks louder than DR training with Mahomes and Strope is the fact that he is able to even do that. Obviously Mahomes is who he is, but Stroupe is no joke. If DR GETS to train with them it’s not because he wants to, it’s because they are allowing him to because they see something in him.

What I could gather from his interviews is that he’s going to train with Pat’s trainer and he’s hoping he’ll workout with Pat. I would guess it’s not a workshop with the trainer and is more 1-1. I would assume he will give DR some insight to the drills he and Pat work through so he can incorporate them in his training routine.

If he’s working out with Bobby Stroupe I highly doubt it’s a workshop. It’s almost certainly one on one. His facility in Texas may run workshops, but he doesn’t run workshops here in KC. At least not to my knowledge.

I think what speaks louder than DR training with Mahomes and Strope is the fact that he is able to even do that. Obviously Mahomes is who he is, but Stroupe is no joke. If DR GETS to train with them it’s not because he wants to, it’s because they are allowing him to because they see something in him.
…and to think, just a few short years ago, we had Mario Verduzco forbid our QBs from any third party QB coaching in the offseason (as to not ruin the mario way).

That Verdu method was such a major red flag at the time. Just ridiculous.

…and to think, just a few short years ago, we had Mario Verduzco forbid our QBs from any third party QB coaching in the offseason (as to not ruin the mario way).

That Verdu method was such a major red flag at the time. Just ridiculous.

True and not to be argumentative, but Stroupe is not a QB coach. He trains a lot of professional athletes, football, baseball, soccer, etc. he’s more strength, conditioning, agility, mentality, etc. it’s overall athleticism. No doubt it will make his arm stronger and more accurate, but his overall athleticism and approach to the game is what they are truly working on.

NU may have some relatively young coaches but they've all grown up around football and are more experienced than their years suggest IMO, so when some of them say DR is different (re: his QB skills), that means something. Going to be an exciting year.

Great description. He seemed like an NFL qb extending plays while looking downfield.
For the first time since Zac Taylor, I saw a QB in the spring game who moved in the pocket while still being focused downfield. Every other QB we have had since Taylor looked down to see where to move and then had to reestablish vision down field. A very small number of QBs can do this.

For the first time since Zac Taylor, I saw a QB in the spring game who moved in the pocket while still being focused downfield. Every other QB we have had since Taylor looked down to see where to move and then had to reestablish vision down field. A very small number of QBs can do this.
or with Tommy Armstrong, the 360 pirouette

Reactions: Laner2 and rgrachek
And the timing couldn't have been better with our group of young receivers having some absolute burners in Lloyd, Coleman, and now Barney. I feel like they are going to be a problem for DC's. Can't let them slip past the safety. We already saw it last year with qbs that aren't very accurate and teams chose to tackle Coleman while the ball was in the air. Now imagine that with a kid who is supposed to throw the best deep ball in his class.

Reactions: BleedRed78
And the timing couldn't have been better with our group of young receivers having some absolute burners in Lloyd, Coleman, and now Barney. I feel like they are going to be a problem for DC's. Can't let them slip past the safety. We already saw it last year with qbs that aren't very accurate and teams chose to tackle Coleman while the ball was in the air. Now imagine that with a kid who is supposed to throw the best deep ball in his class.
The timing isn't a random happening. Rhule assessed the team weaknesses and set about to build the team he envisioned. And Raiola wouldn't have switched his commitment either if he didn't see what Rhule was doing. So it is planned, not just fortunate timing IMO.

Sam Keller and Tanner Lee couldn't do that? That's a genuine question as I don't recall those spring games. I just remember them being highly touted when they arrived on campus.

Everyone thought they would save Callahan and Riley, respectively.

Sam Keller and Tanner Lee couldn't do that? That's a genuine question as I don't recall those spring games. I just remember them being highly touted when they arrived on campus.

Everyone thought they would save Callahan and Riley, respectively.
No they couldn't, one of the reasons why Keller's career ended here and why Lee was a turnover machine. Also, while DR is not a running QB, he moves a lot better than those guys did. Lee's feet were in concrete, so to be fair, you could never tell whether he had to look away because he never got that far.

The timing isn't a random happening. Rhule assessed the team weaknesses and set about to build the team he envisioned. And Raiola wouldn't have switched his commitment either if he didn't see what Rhule was doing. So it is planned, not just fortunate timing IMO.
I think Raiola really want to be at NU like his father was, but Frost dicked around and fell out of favor with the family. Rhule took more a of a soft sell approach and at some point, Dylan's comfort level allowed him to do what he wanted to do in the first place. His presence on the roster will make it easier to recruit receivers and OTs.

One of the things I admired about Tommy was the way he would put the team on his shoulders during a game and just take over. It didn't always result in a win but I really liked his courage.
We have done a lot worse than Tommie since Tommie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT