ADVERTISEMENT

Doc talk podcast

If the offense can throw the ball as well as they did in the Spring game they won’t need a Taysom Hill package for HH. RBs should be able to pick up easy yards with defenses playing well off the LOS.

Still puts into question how much they value the QB run game moving forward. I think it’s high time they coordinate an offense that doesn’t rely on QBs to be the leading rusher.

If the offense can throw the ball as well as they did in the Spring game they won’t need a Taysom Hill package for HH. RBs should be able to pick up easy yards with defenses playing well off the LOS.

Still puts into question how much they value the QB run game moving forward. I think it’s high time they coordinate an offense that doesn’t rely on QBs to be the leading rusher.
The QBs didn’t have to take hits and there were multiple passes completed that would have been sacks in a live game. Don’t draw too much from some of the stats.

The QBs didn’t have to take hits and there were multiple passes completed that would have been sacks in a live game. Don’t draw too much from some of the stats.
Just getting the QBs to average over 150 yards per game would be a huge improvement. I’m just curious how much the QB run game will be in the mix this year. When it comes to that HH is far and away the clear winner here, just as DR is in the passing game.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I am
assuming you are talking HH . Dylan was in no danger of a sack he feels pressure and move accordingly.

Yep. People need to pump the brakes on both HH and DR. They had way too much time to throw the ball and DR has yet to take a big hit from a DI front seven player.

HH had less than 50% completion with a 1:1 TD:INT ratio last season. I would hope he is improved if he's in the conversation at QB.

DR will remain an unknown until the bullets start flying in September.

Silly post dingle, sorry. You are assuming each time a defender got close that it would be a sack. There were several plays were Haarburg would have trucked a single defender and ran for 10 plus. There were also several plays were the QB stayed in the pocket when in a game situation they would have sprinted out and looked for a receiver. When the game isn't totally live, there will be could have, would have, should haves on both sides of the equation.

Silly post dingle, sorry. You are assuming each time a defender got close that it would be a sack. There were several plays were Haarburg would have trucked a single defender and ran for 10 plus. There were also several plays were the QB stayed in the pocket when in a game situation they would have sprinted out and looked for a receiver. When the game isn't totally live, there will be could have, would have, should haves on both sides of the equation.
There were multiple plays where defenders literally got to the QB, put their hands in the air and stopped. They ABSOLUTELY would have been sacks. It’s not at all silly. In addition, a QB that isn’t worried about getting hit isn’t as likely to rush his release and make bad throws. I was overall pretty happy with what I saw from the QBs but it needs to be kept in perspective.

I am

assuming you are talking HH . Dylan was in no danger of a sack he feels pressure and move accordingly.
I posted that earlier. Kaelin was the main one who would have gotten hit. I like the way Raiola floats inside the pocket. It looks instinctive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT