ADVERTISEMENT

Borders is in the Portal

I'm guessing this clearly is a case of another team tampering and offering him a boatload of NIL. Watch which school he ends up at and you'll know who was doing the tampering.

He had 3 solo tackles last year, not exactly the type of guy who would command big bucks. My guess is he is more than likely looking at splitting reps with 2-3 other guys, like last year, and will transfer down a level in an attempt to prove he's every down player.

Rhule likes Chief and the kid can play, but Chief knows the capabilities of that room better than anyone. I suspect we will see a lot of Sherman and Princewill.

I'm guessing this clearly is a case of another team tampering and offering him a boatload of NIL. Watch which school he ends up at and you'll know who was doing the tampering.
Quite the witch hunt you've got going on there.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
I've read that when Rhule met with him Borders was told he would be more of rotational guy at the Jack LB position. Who knows.......
Sherman and PWill are two guys with experience that can play that position and I suspect Chief didn’t want less than 1/3 reps. Jimari could play Jack in a pinch and they got younger guys they want to develop. Chief was on the wrong side of a numbers problem. The days of hoping there is one guy who works out at OLB are over.

Sherman and PWill are two guys with experience that can play that position and I suspect Chief didn’t want less than 1/3 reps. Jimari could play Jack in a pinch and they got younger guys they want to develop. Chief was on the wrong side of a numbers problem. The days of hoping there is one guy who works out at OLB are over.
It’s his last year and he wants to play more. I can’t criticize his decision.

It’s his last year and he wants to play more. I can’t criticize his decision.
Exactly. People have to realize Rhule and every coach in America have discussions like this with older players who like chief are on the edge of serious playing time base on the depth chart.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Clearly you haven't been listening to Rhule praising him as one of the most improved players this spring.
Then Rhule needs to stay quiet on players in the spring. Offering praise upon a player clearly only makes them a target for NIL poachers

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
Rhule heaps praise…and that’s his natural mode.

Then you add in the portal…and their numbers this spring…he’s got a ton of massaging to do, so he’s got to take it to the next level in the media sometimes.
Good thing is, I think he’s just the guy to do it!

Borders won’t be missed either way.

Rhule heaps praise…and that’s his natural mode.

Then you add in the portal…and their numbers this spring…he’s got a ton of massaging to do, so he’s got to take it to the next level in the media sometimes.
Good thing is, I think he’s just the guy to do it!

Borders won’t be missed either way.
Rhule will never stand in the way of anyone. He will never give false praise. Both can be true Chief had a good spring. Others behind him had better. Chief sees this wants more playing time . It’s a simple as that IMO.

I like CB but I didn't see anything from him last year or in the spring game that suggests he would play over Prince. I was more impressed with MJ in the spring game also.

I wish him well and maybe Rhules compliments of him was for "him". Maybe Rhule got wind of him possibly entering the portal and wanted to give him a little "attaboy" to make him feel good and try and keep him around. Idk just spit balling here.

I wish CB the best but I don't think he will be missed as much as people think he will.

Holla

No shit good luck proving that.
Proving it is simple, as was stated, there are receipts in the form of texts.

If Joe Bob's dad is a donor to the NIL collective at the University of Texas, and Joe Bob texts his son's former HS teammate at Texas A&M about joining his son at Texas and says I can get you more money at Texas, what laws or rules were broken, who do you report them to?

Maybe Rhule was talking him up because he wanted Chief to have a good public recommendation should he enter. As in, he put in some really good work but is behind more talented players.

200w.gif

Heck Rhule already has players phones showing text messages from other institution coaches. What more proof do you need
I don’t think he said anything about any coaches doing this , he just said the players were contacted.

Reactions: V-Doub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT