ADVERTISEMENT

Boltsball 2024

This is great to hear. Seems like offensive production from 1B has been lacking for quite a while.
It'll be interesting to see if he makes consistent contact. So far this series it seems like every ball he gets in the air is off the wall.

Edit: Also, there's a reason why mlb teams that have spring training in AZ have learned to discount power numbers in AZ - the ball travels!

It'll be interesting to see if he makes consistent contact. So far this series it seems like every ball he gets in the air is off the wall.

Edit: Also, there's a reason why mlb teams that have spring training in AZ have learned to discount power numbers in AZ - the ball travels!
True that. But you could have put Jack Steil at the top of Pike's Peak and I'm not sure he would have shown any power. Would have been so nice to have a power bat at 1B when Matthews and Anderson were here.

Time to re-evaluate Bolt. On pace to have 3 losing seasons in 5 years. Hope he picks it up and figures it out soon.

Time to re-evaluate Bolt. On pace to have 3 losing seasons in 5 years. Hope he picks it up and figures it out soon.
I haven't been that impressed to this point either, but I don't think there's any reason to jump ship on this season right now. We have a shot to win 3 of 4 on the road against a pretty good team today. Lots of young pitching on this team that looks good right now, I'm looking forward to watching Childress develop this staff over the next couple months.

I haven't been that impressed to this point either, but I don't think there's any reason to jump ship on this season right now. We have a shot to win 3 of 4 on the road against a pretty good team today. Lots of young pitching on this team that looks good right now, I'm looking forward to watching Childress develop this staff over the next couple months.
This

Reactions: leodisflowers
Grand Camyon scored to tie it up at 1 in the bottom half, Nebraska scored in the 2nd off a balk from the Grand Canyon pitcher. 2-1 Huskers after 2.

Reactions: huskerfan66
If Bolt blows this game, he better be making some changes to his in game decisions. These pitchers have got to be ready to go or stay the ef home.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Gritty to hang on for the win. You find out how deep you are when you play 4 days in a row. You guys might not like Bolt's bullpen management but this early in the season you HAVE to let some of the young guys work through trouble. They have to learn how to handle the nerves and get outs so you know who you can count on and who you can't. No way you can manage every game pulling pitchers in a bind right from the start of the season. It's a balance and I'm glad they won today and also got more guys high stress innings.

Gritty to hang on for the win. You find out how deep you are when you play 4 days in a row. You guys might not like Bolt's bullpen management but this early in the season you HAVE to let some of the young guys work through trouble. They have to learn how to handle the nerves and get outs so you know who you can count on and who you can't. No way you can manage every game pulling pitchers in a bind right from the start of the season. It's a balance and I'm glad they won today and also got more guys high stress innings.
Hopefully Drew Christo is back to 100% because he made a pretty good argument for himself on Thursday to replace Caleb Clark in the rotation when they settle in to the typical 3-game weekend series'. Clark could have responded today but was OK at best.

Glad we got the win. Hopefully, we learn from our mistakes and move on. Looks like we have another tough series next week. Starts Thursday at College of Charleston in South Carolina. They are 7-0 on the season. GBR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT