ADVERTISEMENT

Year 3 and beyond

IdahoHuskerFan

Walk On
Sep 20, 2023
If starting in year 3 we averaged 9 wins per year for the next 10 years and had 1 maybe 2 playoff births would people be happy/satisfied with these results??

Assuming conferences keep having these hard schedules? 9 wins a year would be amazing.
Fact! 9-3 would mean going 6-3 in conference play and that would be a dang good mark. For example expect a schedule that includes at least 3 of Michigan, USC, Oregon, Washington, Ohio State, Penn State. That always means we suddenly beat Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois, etc that we have not beaten for a few years now.

Upgrades in roster talent and depth will come. Coaches will need to teach and develop as well but a floor of 8-4/9-3 regular season is possible. How possible, I’m under 50% optimistic for year 3.

Reactions: Truewooper
Upgrades in roster talent and depth will come. Coaches will need to teach and develop as well but a floor of 8-4/9-3 regular season is possible. How possible, I’m under 50% optimistic for year 3.
About have to go unbeaten in the non conference games to get there.

But what if our three losses are Pelini style blowouts were we get embarrassed every year? How many fans are going to be happy with that?

But what if our three losses are Pelini style blowouts were we get embarrassed every year? How many fans are going to be happy with that?
Rhule is hopefully Pelini floor minus the psychotic bs. Pelini would still have a job if he hadn't gone lunatic on the fan base and media. Wisconsin winning by 50 or not.

Reactions: HuskerO
We can’t even win 6 with Northwestern and Purdue and shit on the schedule…
Adding USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington won’t help…
But yeah I’d take it… skeptical it would happen though

• Haha
Reactions: cavalot and ckriley
Rhule is hopefully Pelini floor minus the psychotic bs. Pelini would still have a job if he hadn't gone lunatic on the fan base and media. Wisconsin winning by 50 or not.
So that would basically take us back to the end of the Solich era - 9 wins, 3 ugly losses and no psychotic bs. Spending years being stuck at rock bottom sure changes the perspective on that.

Reactions: BleedRed78
That schedule in year 3 won’t allow it but yes. Year 2 better be good or it’s going to get scary quick.

So that would basically take us back to the end of the Solich era - 9 wins, 3 ugly losses and no psychotic bs. Spending years being stuck at rock bottom sure changes the perspective on that.
Imagine after year 10 our fans get tired of only 1-2 playoff appearances and think we deserve better. I don’t want to go down that road again.

If starting in year 3 we averaged 9 wins per year for the next 10 years and had 1 maybe 2 playoff births would people be happy/satisfied with these results??
With the addition of the best parts of the Pac-12 and high likelihood we still get screwed with scheduling - a resounding yes.

Imagine getting a conf schedule of

Mich
Ohio State
Pedo State
Wisconsin
Iowa
USC
Oregon
Minnesota
Washington

I could see some BS like that happening.

I think the Big Ten will move to a ten game schedule. OOCs will include one P5 team and one cupcake.

I doubt we ever meet that benchmark again. My guess is the next 10 years will see us with an average winning % of around .600.

So 9 wins on average would be beyond expectations. This program will not see a playoff appearance unless they move to 16 teams. Maybe then!

Huskers NEED this year and this schedule to springboard forward... If they don't somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat and finish strong the momentum of a new coach and all that excitement will go away VERY fast once you introduce the new West Coast teams....

Additionally, to hit a year 3 mark is asking DK and crew to be at full strength as a Red Shirt Freshman or Sophomore if they throw him in next year essentially thinking he's the next Frazier and can lead this team as a Freshman

I think the Big Ten will move to a ten game schedule. OOCs will include one P5 team and one cupcake.
That’s merely opinion, I don’t think It will include one Power5 team unless it‘s maybe already scheduled….

Count on the SEC playing 9 conference games after the 2024 season with new ESPN TV contract..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT