ADVERTISEMENT

WTH BTN?

Didn’t think I would need it. When a pen of yearling bulls is on the road you don’t worry about recording a game. Took me several hours to find them all and get them rounded up.
I feel your pain. Not much worse than the dreaded "cattle are out " phone call

Reactions: dinglefritz
They just wanted you to get exercise, and they missed you!

I smiled as I read this in another thread. That is about as Nebraska as it gets!
Gets me smiling too. If I may add my two cents ...
Every June I venture to the Sandhills to "help" with branding on a ranch in Cherry County, about halfway between Hyannis and Merriman. Incredibly beautiful. The first year I thought I was doing OK, staying out of the way of the real cowboys but keeping up with tagging ears, giving vaccine shots and lugging fence panels around (I don't participate in the castration exercises, thank you). But on the third day, o boy, I committed a cardinal sin when I left a pasture gate open. No cattle got out, but I heard it in no uncertain terms about cows on highways, comingling herds with the neighbors and how could you do such a #$@*^ dumb thing. Never again have I left a gate unlatched.

That was on the third day. The very first day of my first year there I was riding with a cowboy out to the herd and making the usual small talk. He asked where I grew up and I detected a smirk when I answered "Omaha." When we got to where we were going and dismounted, I kinda gingerly avoided a big cowpie by stepping over it. This guy looks at me with utter disdain and says "Your Omaha is showing." By the end of that day I was kneeling in the stuff, and I gave everyone a big laugh when I chased down a calf that got loose. Right when I picked it up, it crapped all the way down my arm and the leg of my pants. The same cowboy says "You're not in Omaha anymore." Gosh those are good times. We start this year on May 31.

Laughing What?…

HH…8-13, 61.5%, 2 TD’s 161 yardage no int’s, 17 yr rushing, in very limited time.

Take a lap.

The D dropped what should have been an INT and he threw a couple of really ugly balls early in the game. I hadn't watched the whole game when I posted that. He looked better but 60% pass completion is nothing to crow about in a scrimmage against lots of backups.

BTN did carry the NU Spring Gane and the Huskers’ baseball game back-to-back today. Probably not the best day to play the woe-is-us card.
couldn't watch either live unfortunately. Just expected a better replay time.

You need a better fence?
Older bull yarded with the yearlings broke a fenceline hay feeder. He at least stayed home but the yearlings damaged a PVC well head and water treatment system before they headed for the road. What a mess. Turn 11 1300 lb bulls out in your front yard after an inch of rain when they've been in a lot since fall and you can imagine the havoc. They had fun.

Every June I venture to the Sandhills to "help" with branding on a ranch in Cherry County, about halfway between Hyannis and Merriman. Incredibly beautiful. The first year I thought I was doing OK, staying out of the way of the real cowboys but keeping up with tagging ears, giving vaccine shots and lugging fence panels around (I don't participate in the castration exercises, thank you). But on the third day, o boy, I committed a cardinal sin when I left a pasture gate open. No cattle got out, but I heard it in no uncertain terms about cows on highways, comingling herds with the neighbors and how could you do such a #$@*^ dumb thing. Never again have I left a gate unlatched.

That was on the third day. The very first day of my first year there I was riding with a cowboy out to the herd and making the usual small talk. He asked where I grew up and I detected a smirk when I answered "Omaha." When we got to where we were going and dismounted, I kinda gingerly avoided a big cowpie by stepping over it. This guy looks at me with utter disdain and says "Your Omaha is showing." By the end of that day I was kneeling in the stuff, and I gave everyone a big laugh when I chased down a calf that got loose. Right when I picked it up, it crapped all the way down my arm and the leg of my pants. The same cowboy says "You're not in Omaha anymore." Gosh those are good times. We start this year on May 31.
Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Great story. I wish more could/would experience things like this to see what really goes on in the other world

Older bull yarded with the yearlings broke a fenceline hay feeder. He at least stayed home but the yearlings damaged a PVC well head and water treatment system before they headed for the road. What a mess. Turn 11 1300 lb bulls out in your front yard after an inch of rain when they've been in a lot since fall and you can imagine the havoc. They had fun.
Hopefully your insurance cover some of the cost

People keep saying this but I thought his passing was pretty inaccurate for the most part. He had some wild ones
Plus a couple benefits of no calls on defenders. BUT that's the beauty of this staff. It's about gaining confidence. We had starters held out on both sides. I'm looking forward to this season and I definitely want all of our qbs to stay

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT