ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling: Nebraska grabs four top two seeds for B1G Championships

GeoffExstrom

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2022
The Nebraska wrestling team claimed four top two seeds in the upcoming Big Ten Wrestling Championships this weekend in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The pre-seeds were determined by a vote from conference coaches as they rank the top 14 wrestlers from every weight class. Listed next to each weight class will be the Big Ten allocation for automatic seeds for the NCAA Championships.

125 (9): No. 2 Liam Cronin
133 (9): No. 12 Kyle Burwick
141 (9): No. 3 Brock Hardy
149 (9): No. 11 Dayne Morton
157(10): No. 1 Peyton Robb
165 (8). No. 10 Bubba Wilson
174 (7): No. 2 Mikey Labriola
184 (9): No. 7 Lenny Pinto
197 (9): No. 2 Silas Allred
HWT (9): No. 14 Austin Emerson

Really cool to see Allred all the way up at No. 2 in his redshirt sophomore season. Surprised Lenny Pinto was seeded as No. 7, but he should win a couple of matches in his weight class. I'm going to predict that the Huskers match last year's number of NCAA qualifiers at seven. Cronin, Hardy, Robb, Labriola, Pinto and Allred should all make it in.

I'm thinking one of Burwick, Wilson or Morton will make a surprise run and grab an automatic seed. Of the three, I like Wilson to do that more. As a whole, this Nebraska team was built for the NCAA Tournament. They have four guys who have a legit shot of making the semifinals - including two that are in the top two in their weight classes.

Coming off its best NCAA Tournament in years in 2022, Nebraska has a great shot to eclipse that mark and put together one of its best postseasons in program history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News