ADVERTISEMENT

Why would Mickey want the job

westcliffe

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 17, 2006
I dont think any if us has asked the question “why would MJ want the job?”. There is a huge downside, of course there is the money. and every coach we are looking at would also understand that. So Mickey says he has a nice home in Louisiana and he could go there and chill. On the other hand there is a huge upside which someone not familiar with the culture of the state of Nebraska would not understand. John Cook has talked a lot about that culture and has said, as his players have said, “there is no place like Nebraska.” I think MJ understands that, Busch understands that, Trev understands that Rund no doubt understands that. I think Frost understood that but he clearly wasn’t ready to do the job. Would Aranda or (fill in the blank with one of the other candidates) take the job for the money or for the huge upside potential? If MJ was offered the job would he take it for the money or because he understands the huge upside side potential and he he understands the culture of Nebraska or “there is no place like Nebraska“? I havent lived in Nebraska since 1972. I am also a graduate of the University of Michigan, but my heart, my passion is for everything Nebraska. Our next coach needs to understand that or I am afraid he will just take the money and say ‘ win or lose, Ive got mine and I can retire.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News