ADVERTISEMENT

Why is it so hard

Theres no reason to bash Metal for his post or the other guy for his, its there view of the game and of course you guys have your view of it. Last night i think i was one of the first Huskers to congratulate Iowa on there win, i didnt throw in any excuses. But Metal and said poster is right. Tommy litterly threw the game away. In almost every aspect we where beating Iowa but the INTs is what beat us. The part thats really showing, outside the differences in yards, we lost to the 4th ranked team in the county by one touchdown while having 4 picks and one being a pick 6. Heres my question, how badly do we lose to Clemson, Alabama or any of the other top 6 teams if with threw that many picks, have that many penalties for that many yards? Im not trying to take away from Iowa, they took advantage of our bad choices and won. But i am doing my part to show what these guys are seeing because i do see the samething they do.
To answer your question, we'd lose by 30 to Clemson or Alabama and only because they would take the foot off the gas.

You should see most of the Nebraska fans on the Iowa board. Let's not act like a handful of loudmouths are an accurate representation of an entire fanbase.
We definitely have our own trouble-makers. Embarrassing to say the least.

Just because you think she's hot doesn't mean anyone else does. That fact you had to make that statement says it all. I'm sure you are the most successful person to graduate from your high school class too - hence you hangout on a message board. Makes perfect sense.
Idiotic comments deserve idiotic responses. Plays both ways son.

Multiple season ticket holders saying that Iowa fans at the game were the worst they have ever experienced is saying something because that means your fan base topped Colorado and Mizzou fans. That is not good company to be in.

The other mod in this thread is tired of dealing with the Iowa clowns that come over here too.
You missed the point. You said ''the majority of their fan base,'' which is wrong. There won't be a team in the country where MOST of the fan base is bad, even though some will have more bad eggs than others. The average fan of ANY program is just fine. Calling the majority of a fan base a name is objectively wrong AND classless on your part as well (hypocrisy on your part). Also, many Husker fans were on the Iowa board beating their chests more than anyone else this year, glass house. Never once did I think it was representative of the Husker fan base at large though.

I'm sure the other mod is tired of dealing with the Iowa dead beats, just like every mod is tired of dealing with dead beats of every fan base, including yours. Nothing unusual there.

Congrats. You fail at multiple levels

Your mama told you stats were for the losers. Iowa did not play one of their better games . MSU and Iowa match up very well

You missed the point. You said ''the majority of their fan base,'' which is wrong. There won't be a team in the country where MOST of the fan base is bad, even though some will have more bad eggs than others. The average fan of ANY program is just fine. Calling the majority of a fan base a name is objectively wrong AND classless on your part as well (hypocrisy on your part). Also, many Husker fans were on the Iowa board beating their chests more than anyone else this year, glass house. Never once did I think it was representative of the Husker fan base at large though.

I'm sure the other mod is tired of dealing with the Iowa dead beats, just like every mod is tired of dealing with dead beats of every fan base, including yours. Nothing unusual there.

Congrats. You fail at multiple levels

So just the Hawkeye fans that go to games are clowns. Gotcha.

Also, Husker fans that go over to other boards to talk crap are idiots as well.

To the subject line....

200w.gif

Reactions: TheBeav815
It's fine as long as they are cool. Unfortunately for Hawkeye fans they can't help themselves and most of them have to act like the classless clowns that make up a majority of their fan base.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you didn't even make it to the game nor have season tickets. You're making a lot of silly assumptions and coming off as having a severe case of sour grapes with each post you make. The vast majority of my family members that attended Nebraska or Iowa wouldn't make such odd, sweeping comments. Calling Iowa fans "classless clowns that make up the majority of their fan base" is akin to the running joke that most Husker fans never attended UN-L and we both know that's not necessarily true. Maybe on this board, but not in real life

I think people are drawing the distinction
From getting beat by a better opponent and getting beat by your own horrific decisions and blown coverage.

Iowa needs to congratulate Tommy, danny l and our blown coverage for 28 of their points

Was Tommy responsible for the 30 and 70+ yard TD runs? Iowa scored when they needed to and played rather conservatively otherwise.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you didn't even make it to the game nor have season tickets. You're making a lot of silly assumptions and coming off as having a severe case of sour grapes with each post you make. The vast majority of my family members that attended Nebraska or Iowa wouldn't make such odd, sweeping comments. Calling Iowa fans "classless clowns that make up the majority of their fan base" is akin to the running joke that most Husker fans never attended UN-L and we both know that's not necessarily true. Maybe on this board, but not in real life

Well that's a pretty weak limb to go out on and you know nothing about me. What I do know is the multiple claims by multiple season ticket holders that Iowa fans were terrible on Friday. Some said they were the worst fans they have experienced in Memorial Stadium. I lived in the crap state of Iowa for a few years in High School. Played 6th-11th grade Football at a small school (Griswold) Iowa fans were crap then and that's when the Huskers were winning championships. They were so jealous of Nebraska it was comical. At least Iowa State fans knew their place and didn't talk like their team was the greatest ever. I could never understand why Iowa fans were so cocky when their team was so garbage and Nebraska was winning championships every year. Jealousy is what it is.

Iowa has showed a " True Grit " , type of season. Wholehearted respect to them. T A played horrible and its our fault for letting him play when he is in this " playground zone " , of his. He stunk it up; he usually does it part of every game - He has moved away from the coaching to circling bank on the playground. Read the World Herald articles of several post game comments on him. Telling and accurate; he has talents also ; coaches couldn't imagine this; someone who refuses to learn and goes back to his way. By the way; Iowa had made a hard qb choice, and why can most other teams come up with several . despite our status - and thanks Scott and the N ties / Oregon has a nest of qb's and still Convinced the kid from down South. Hope we bring in 3 with walk-ons. GBR

Well that's a pretty weak limb to go out on and you know nothing about me. What I do know is the multiple claims by multiple season ticket holders that Iowa fans were terrible on Friday. Some said they were the worst fans they have experienced in Memorial Stadium. I lived in the crap state of Iowa for a few years in High School. Played 6th-11th grade Football at a small school (Griswold) Iowa fans were crap then and that's when the Huskers were winning championships. They were so jealous of Nebraska it was comical. At least Iowa State fans knew their place and didn't talk like their team was the greatest ever. I could never understand why Iowa fans were so cocky when their team was so garbage and Nebraska was winning championships every year. Jealousy is what it is.

So growing up (for a while) in a town of little over a 1,000 people has allowed you to make the conclusion that the whole state of Iowa is crap. I grew up in Omaha and then lived in a very small town of Iowa before going to the University of Iowa. I can understand your statement that there were some (SOME not all) Iowa fans that hated and were jealous of Nebraska and their football team. I can't accept your statement that the whole state of Iowa is crap.

I have always rooted for Nebraska over Iowa since I have always been a die hard Nebraska fan even though Iowa is my alma mater. Calling out a whole state because of having a bad high school experience in a very small Iowa town is pretty weak.

So, you were at the game or relying on eyewitness reports?

I had no idea Cyclone fans had to "know their place." I'm sure they're college graduates and know their place in society quite well. Their lives aren't defined by a football team's success.

As stated in a previous threat you can't compare these 2 teams. Yes they barely pulled out a few wins, but they played liked 5 or 6 ranked teams plus Miami at #1. Iowa as played 2 ranked teams. They destroyed teams they were suppose to. Iowas biggest wins were North texas by like 40 and NW by 30. All other games were close and squeaked out a win by the skin of their teeth. Like I said it really doesn't matter at this point. It will all be sorted out when they are forced to play a top 10 team next week. If they hold their own and win congrats to them. I was wrong
Beat Ill. Ste by 17.
Iowa State by 14
The Pitt and Wisconsin games came down to the end. Clemson, Bama and Oklahoma have all had nail-biters too, against teams that wouldn't stack up favorably to Pitt & Wisky.
Otherwise, Iowa has won numerous games by 2 or more scores, and when they didn't, it was because the opponent (Nebraska and Minnesota) scored late and needed to recover an onside kick to get the CHANCE of scoring again.

Iowa hasn't won "by the skin of their teeth" since Wisconsin.

I was at the bars for 3 hours before the game - tons of Iowa fans but no problems that I saw. Our group sat in 3 different sections of the stadium, the only dust up reported was that a Husker fan was a total A hole to an Iowa fan who had the audacity to exit the row during the game. I'm sure that some people had other experiences, but I thought that the Iowa fans were fine.

I thought that was a good game and the crowd was great from what I saw on TV.

It worked out just the way Jim Delaney drew it up. It was the highest rated game in 9 years. We crushed it from a conference standpoint. That is a kudos to both programs for pulling that off.

It could always be worse. We could be 2 loser programs like Wisconsin and Minnesota playing on the BTN the last 2 years instead of primetime on ABC, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I found a picture of Minnesota and Wisconsin

obese-couple.jpg

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT