ADVERTISEMENT

Why buy a puppy instead of getting a rescue dog?

LightningJack

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2002
After a conversation the other day with someone who spent Boo Koo on their dogs and I'm a poorz for spending $50 for a shelter dog. I'm honestly curious, why do some people spend $$$$ on a puppy. When there are record number of dogs in rescue. Yes I'm being a little judgmental, I admit that. I've volunteered at the local shelter (NHS) for 5 years as a dog walker back in the day. I've had 6 dogs, 5 from a shelter and 1 from a rescue group. I've driven 100's of miles going out of town getting a dog a couple times. I've generally gotten senior dogs, yes they die sooner :( but I go back and get another one, every time. Yes it makes me feel like I did a good thing ;)

On the other side of the coin, somebody that Hunts, needs protection, have it grow up with the kids or Something Poo, because your Allergic. I believe I get the angst, for a puppy along those lines. If your just getting a companion animal, why not? I'd honestly like a different perspective on this. The last person I talked too, spent $10K on 3 dogs and let me know it. Like the shelter is there for bad dogs and poorz like me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News