ADVERTISEMENT

Where does this confidence come from?

HuskerPete13

Walk On
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2001
Ok RSS I want people to share their confidence in this team with me. My take is this:

1. PSU was a good win. It will Lea to better performance down the road. However, we almost gave up a 21 point lead because our offense was unable to move the football in the second half. And our defense when challenged upfront with the Penn State running game gave up first down after first down.

2. Illinois also had their first win this weekend and seems to have discovered a quarterback who is incredibly quick and fast. I find it surprising it took their coaches this long to figure out that he was their best choice to win football games. I see no ability demonstrated on Nebraska’s defense to consistently and for 60 minutes stop a player like Williams. If peters was still their starter I would feel great but based on what I have witnessed. I cannot be optimistic about our ability to stop Illinois.

3. Please tell me with our defensive structure how we are going to stop this kind of running threat at the quarterback position. Maybe you generally believe we are simply going to outscore them. I have watched their game and ours twice and I am going to predict that unless we come up with a new defensive structure that allows us to actually have solid gap integrity we will get shredded by this kid. He is a way better runner than AJ Bush. And our linebackers remain a liability because of their lack of speed and their inconsistency with filling gaps.

4. I do expect our offense to have some success against them, But we struggle sometimes to compete against air. Our offensive efficiency is still growing and we have not demonstrated the ability to stretch the field. The Illinois coaching staff is outstanding on the defensive side and will have a great game plan I am certain.

Please give me the information that gives you confidence we can beat this Williams lead Illinois team. I feel the 14 point spread is a sucker‘s bet in which Vegas is taking advantage of Nebraska fans pent up energy. I expect this to be a dogfight and see our only path to victory being 50 points and a prolific offensive output from Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News