Football Wednesday recruiting/coaching happenings [11:55 p.m.]

Sean Callahan

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Lincoln, NE
huskeronline.com
Here's the latest from the recruiting trail and coaching front from Wednesday:

=============================================================

Nebraska made a new offer late last night to 2023 Santa Ana (Calif.) LB Leviticus Su'a, who is a member of the early Rivals250.

LS Brady Weas has committed to Nebraska for a PWO opportunity. Weas went into the transfer portal from Georgetown.

(Bryan)

Nebraska made their second interior offensive line offer on Wednesday in the transfer portal. NU made an offer to Florida International guard Sione Finau, who has played 1,073 snaps over the last three seasons. His three-year grades on PFF are between 62.5 to 66.4 playing all his snaps at left guard.

His early offers are NU, Colorado State, UNLV, Marshall, Maryland, North Texas, Tulane, Houston, Purdue and USF.

The Huskers have also offered Cornell guard Hunter Nourzad, who also has offers from NU, Purdue, Syracuse, Kansas, Temple and Tulane.

Nothing new to report on the Mickey Joseph front. He still remains under contract for LSU and is recruiting for them. Brian Kelly has said no decision has been made on retaining any staff. Kevin Faulk and Corey Raymond are the two assistants that people feel have the best chance to be retained. Brian Kelly was asked about them specifically today.

“I have not made any decisions based upon who will stay and who may go,” stated Kelly. “I haven’t had any individual conversations with any of them. So any narrative out there is not coming from any conversations that I’ve had with them. They are well respected, and I will get the opportunity to vet out all of those coaches.

“They’ve done a great job. I know the business, they know the business. There are realities in this business. We’ll get to all those coaches, because as I mentioned earlier — they have families. They have lives. We have to get moving in that direction.”

I know I thought yesterday we could see something shake out with Joseph here soon, but that was before the Kelly news broke. I still feel good about Joseph's chances to be on the staff. None of my thoughts have changed with Joseph, Bill Busch/Ricky Brumfield on special teams and Donavon Raiola feels like the leader still for the OL position. I have heard nothing new on the OC front that I would feel comfortable putting in writing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News