ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday May 8th Nebraska vs. South Dakota State (Huskers lose 10-6)

It’s time to face facts. Will Bolt’s Nebraska teams to this point have been bad in midweek games. Awful, in fact.

His best team so far played zero midweek games because of the post-COVID Big Ten schedule. Last year’s team was not a bubble regional team because of midweek failings. And this year’s team could easily be in position to host a regional without its dreadful record on Tuesdays.

Don’t get me wrong. Wining on weekends is more important. But taking the next step as a program will require getting this fixed.

It’s time to face facts. Will Bolt’s Nebraska teams to this point have been bad in midweek games. Awful, in fact.

His best team so far played zero midweek games because of the post-COVID Big Ten schedule. Last year’s team was not a bubble regional team because of midweek failings. And this year’s team could easily be in position to host a regional without its dreadful record on Tuesdays.

Don’t get me wrong. Wining on weekends is more important. But taking the next step as a program will require getting this fixed.
I agree with that. The bullpen approach by Childress hasn’t been very good of late either. Plays matchup too much but in the end we need guys that are just pitching better that day.

I agree with that. The bullpen approach by Childress hasn’t been very good of late either. Plays matchup too much but in the end we need guys that are just pitching better that day.
I will say, sometimes it's hard to tell when a guy's gonna lose it. Perry struck out two in a row, but some of his other outings have started ok for a batter or two, then gone to crap in a hurry 😂 but even so, agree on the overreliance on "the book".

Batting, meanwhile, is flat and looks as lacking in identity as a Scott Frost offense lately.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
I will say, sometimes it's hard to tell when a guy's gonna lose it. Perry struck out two in a row, but some of his other outings have started ok for a batter or two, then gone to crap in a hurry 😂 but even so, agree on the overreliance on "the book".

Batting, meanwhile, is flat and looks as lacking in identity as a Scott Frost offense lately.
Yeah it was a team loss. Hitting with runners on was awful. I just feel he wasted the success Worthley and Perry had. I know he loves playing matchup but sometimes you just have to ride the hot hand. We are not consistent enough to play matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT