ADVERTISEMENT

We have tried it all since Osborne.......sad

Huskersrockin

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2008
Let's see, We had the legacy coach, the NFL coach, the mean guy, and the nice guy.

We are light years from even being close to keeping up with Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State
in our own conference in terms of talent and recruiting. Currently ranked 8th in this years BIG recruiting
race......behind the likes of Iowa......Minnesota..........and that juggernaut Northwestern.

Our class sports a national rivals ranking of 43rd........and dropping

Struck out on the last 5 targets that a lot of resources were expended.

No commits in almost 50 days.

And all this momentum........or lack thereof.......we drag into a month long
dead period.

I feel bad for the staff as I think they really are trying......which makes our current
situation that much more difficult. Could they salvage the 2016 class? Sure, There
is time. But the Vegas odds are trending against it.

I am not a bridge jumper and have a life......for the most part..........have lived long
enough to see the glory years etc.........so just my two cents on what this boils down to:

Barring Riley and company pulling a beaver out of their hats.......NU has to decide
if they really want to compete at the highest level. Once the BIG TV contract is consummated
and Pelini is off the payroll, we either open up the checkbook and bring in a heavy hitting
staff that can both recruit to area of the earth.........and coach. Will cost the big bucks but it really
is the only shot unless we are comfortable as we have been for the past 15 yrs being just ok.

Ideally Riley puts together a top 20 recruiting class this year and next and wins 10 games or so a year
and wins the west at least........then you can forget everything else I just babbled.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News