ADVERTISEMENT

We have some serious problems that aren't our fault.

rgrachek

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
First of all, to be fair, our inability to run the ball is stunning! Our OL is massive, but for God's sake, Benhart looked better against tOSU on opening day 2 years ago.

That being said, the 800 lb. Gorilla in the room is that we are on the down side of every game we play in the B10 from an officiating standpoint. It's not just the horrible call on the fumble that when after review clearly showed it not a fumble, but they refused to change it. That crap has happened for the 10 years we have been in the conference.

The bigger problem is that as every game we play, the other B10 team gets away with murder holding on the OL. We could put the KC Chief's DL out there and the Northwestern QB would still have time. On the last TD, our DE was literally tackled in plain view, and no call. Never a call.

I hate to say it, but we are the bastard step child of the B10 and the refs make us pay every game, in both Football and Basketball. I really at this point think that there's no hope, because you can't beat the officials. I have never seen anything like this consistently in college sports where one program is bagged every weekend.

And if you think I'm just a conspiracy guy pissed that we're losing, just look close in the 2nd half at what Northwestern's OL is doing. For God's sake, on the big play before the half where they got down to the 7 yard line, the Northwestern OL had a handful of jersey for about 4 seconds.

In a fair called game, Nebraska is up 28-10 now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News