ADVERTISEMENT

Walmart Receipt Check

I guess I don't see anything wrong with a company wanting to make sure their products aren't being stolen.

At Sam's it takes an extra, what? Typically 5 minutes at the most.

Reactions: cavalot
I am not going to stop. Your merchandise was purchased and is no longer yours, good bye.
now, Hus, you know I think you're the warmest toilet seat on the board, but I gotta disagree with you on this sentence.

Here's why: If it is not shoplifting until you carry a product out the front doors (assuming you haven't boosted a cucumber in your rear-pussy) then you also wouldn't OWN the vegetable(or fruit) until you exit the front doors. Just one friend's opinion.

Welcome to Omaha.

now, Hus, you know I think you're the warmest toilet seat on the board, but I gotta disagree with you on this sentence.

Here's why: If it is not shoplifting until you carry a product out the front doors (assuming you haven't boosted a cucumber in your rear-pussy) then you also wouldn't OWN the vegetable(or fruit) until you exit the front doors. Just one friend's opinion.

Welcome to Omaha.
Wrong. It’s yours once you purchase it. You don’t have to exit to get busted for shoplifting… concealing with intent to shoplift will get you busted in states not named CA

But no seriously I know what you mean. I was totally in Walmart the other day buying my syrup and Stanley cups, and a store person harassed me on the way out of the store. I cant even...

• Haha
Reactions: Jaemekon

Welcome to Omaha.
I give those cucumbers to Loose Barbie and.... Margot.... Is the actress... If we go deeper...

So much to do about this, and I honestly support freedom from search.

I had a Walmart twig shout bloody murder at me in Omaha as I passed Go.

This is absolutely bullshit.

Many places across the country are revolting as they are not criminals

I am not going to stop. Your merchandise was purchased and is no longer yours, good bye.
Keep on marching out the door. Like they give a sh*t. Everything is on video and they have your financial information.

Reactions: huntered
I'm happy to show my receipt and I thank the person who checks em for working that day., every time...and when I see yet another report of yet another retailer wbo had to close down in a bad partt of town due to rampant theft i'm glad the people I live and shop around feel more like I do on the subject.

I'm happy to show my receipt and I thank the person who checks em for working that day., every time...and when I see yet another report of yet another retailer wbo had to close down in a bad partt of town due to rampant theft i'm glad the people I live and shop around feel more like I do on the subject.
Absolutely agree well said.

Reactions: kidofSN
You people have to move to the country. They don't do that shit in good old fashioned midwest rural America. That or you look like a thug.
They do it everywhere. Hell, even here in the middle of no where South Arkansas. I went to Walmart around 10PM one night. Almost no one in the store. Of course, no check out people so self-checkout with 3 employees standing there talking. Still wanted to stop me at the door.

It's ridiculous.

People that steal don’t typically have receipts …
LOL are you kidding with this. You don't think that people buy some shit and throw other shit in the bag? LOL it happens all the time.

People steal things. That's why they check receipts. No one is stealing anyones freedoms. If people don't like it. Don't shop in these places. That simple.

Welcome to Omaha.
This Einstein take is sooooo good. Except for the fact that it overlooks the difference between purchasing (transfer of ownership) and stealing. Other than that, great point.

LOL are you kidding with this. You don't think that people buy some shit and throw other shit in the bag? LOL it happens all the time.

People steal things. That's why they check receipts. No one is stealing anyones freedoms. If people don't like it. Don't shop in these places. That simple.
Great straw man...

They can try and check my receipt, but I'm not stopping for them and I'm sure as hell not lining up like sheep for them while they look over the cart of the lady who spent $300 and has 2 screaming kids.

I refuse to wait in lines. for example, like for school in the mornings, i refuse to wait in the dropoff line, so my kids know they either have to be early to school, or they will be late to school.

I definitely wouldn't wait in line for some twat at walmart (i don't go there anyway).

Great straw man...

They can try and check my receipt, but I'm not stopping for them and I'm sure as hell not lining up like sheep for them while they look over the cart of the lady who spent $300 and has 2 screaming kids.
You do you. I don't go into those places so I don't have to worry about it. But don't cry my Freedumbs when they try to stop you because of store policy....created for sole purpose of "stopping shoplifting." It's not personal dude.

I refuse to wait in lines. for example, like for school in the mornings, i refuse to wait in the dropoff line, so my kids know they either have to be early to school, or they will be late to school.

I definitely wouldn't wait in line for some twat at walmart (i don't go there anyway).
I don't do lines either. That's why I don't go or rarely go to those stores. I don't go to disney land, or amusement parks etc.... But im not going to bitch about my freedumbs when i choose to go to places that I know have lines and checkpoints.

Reactions: Jaemekon
Theft in the sh!t holes is an issue. Thinking receipt checking in non-sh!tholes is the answer is like Hertz thinking electric cars would make good rentals.

They do it everywhere. Hell, even here in the middle of no where South Arkansas. I went to Walmart around 10PM one night. Almost no one in the store. Of course, no check out people so self-checkout with 3 employees standing there talking. Still wanted to stop me at the door.

It's ridiculous.
Well Arkansas is exactly a place I would imagine people get checked. I'm talking Hastings, NE or Watertown, SD type places. I see them check people when I'm in Lincoln but never personally been checked.

Theft in the sh!t holes is an issue. Thinking receipt checking in non-sh!tholes is the answer is like Hertz thinking electric cars would make good rentals.

Apples to oranges, and it may not even be that close. That's just plain stupid...

... and anyone complaining about a business wanting to make sure people actually paid for the items they're leaving the store with is literally looking under every rock for something to complain about and the very definition of first world problems.

But they don’t check the receipts really. They don’t look at every line - they literally pencil whip and move you on. I totally understand they do it at Costco and Sam’s because they have always done it there. Walmart not so much. Again, you put in self checkouts to dominate the cashiers to reduce your costs - I’m cool with, but the trade off isn’t that you have to stop me and pencil whip my receipt. It’s a joke.

Maybe next time I get groceries instead of not stopping - I will stop and make them inventory literally every single item to make sure I didnt take anything.

If your not in a big hurry go online to Walmart they usually have free Delivery with purchases over $35 I do a lot of that, you don’t have to deal with other shoppers or those automated checkouts bull crap 💩

Apples to oranges, and it may not even be that close. That's just plain stupid...

... and anyone complaining about a business wanting to make sure people actually paid for the items they're leaving the store with is literally looking under every rock for something to complain about and the very definition of first world problems.
You are 100% correct it is a first world problem. 😁

Someone should just tell them to check receipts!

So people steal enough to make the biz unprofitable, store closes, and the fvcking idiots they interview about it blame....wait for it....somebody else.

Classic.

I feel like that link proves my point on the issue and you just won the debate for me.

Business have their opportunity to "make sure people actually paid" at the register.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT