ADVERTISEMENT

Usher is trying to hard...

Why can't people who are otherwise good performers just sing the darn Anthem? Don't try to make it your own, just freaking sing it.
IMO when performers sing it, it's about them, not the original song. Seems like most of the known performers try to put their stamp on it. Just sing the damn song.

tumblr_lsicueEd9s1qc1vfso1_500.gif

The problem is that they (entertainers) think it's about THEM...not the flag, country and national pride

I miss the days when people would just sing things straight up without all the histrionics. Now everyone wants to pretend like they are Mariah Carey and think they can be the next American Idol by shoving in a 2-octave scale up and down between every few words. I don't know if that's what Usher did, but I do see a lot of that crap these days.

Dont know if Usher screwed up the anthem or not.

I do know Hendrix's national anthem from Woodstock is one of my absolute favorite renditions of all time.

I miss the days when people would just sing things straight up without all the histrionics. Now everyone wants to pretend like they are Mariah Carey and think they can be the next American Idol by shoving in a 2-octave scale up and down between every few words. I don't know if that's what Usher did, but I do see a lot of that crap these days.

Bingo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT