ADVERTISEMENT

USC/UCLA Official Members of the Big 10 in 2024!!

You beat me to it. That would be... interesting. Kind of lame honestly but it might be good for recruiting.

PS is there a way I can delete my thread?

Coast to Coast league…LA is a huge metropolitan area but not always college focused. It would crush the Pac 12 if true.

Not sure about deleting an entire thread but users can delete a post within a thread.

Last edited:
PAC and big 12 are in a weird spot. Wonder if their working on a megaconference behind the scenes with the sec.

Reactions: pahusker139
If this happens and the remnants of the Big 12 and Pac 12 merge we should absolutely ditch the B1G and join that conference. We need to get our midwestern identity back. Go back to playing teams from Kansas, Iowa, Colorado, Oklahoma, etc. Who cares about the B1G money when we're a rudderless ship in this conference...

Of all the current Big 10 schools, I think Nebraska would benefit the most from this. The conference would be expanding into a great recruiting hot bed and with NU being the furthest west of any school they would likely get games against USC and UCLA every year, whether it be in a west division or in the 3-6-6 schedule. The question would be whether the Big 10 might look to purge some dead weight in favor of Oregon, Washington, Stanford, etc.

If this happens and the remnants of the Big 12 and Pac 12 merge we should absolutely ditch the B1G and join that conference. We need to get our midwestern identity back. Go back to playing teams from Kansas, Iowa, Colorado, Oklahoma, etc. Who cares about the B1G money when we're a rudderless ship in this conference...
Oklahoma isn’t going to leave the SEC and Iowa isn’t going to leave the BIG - both for monetary reasons

If we were to leave the BIG and join the leftovers from the PAC and Big 12 after the desirable programs get poached we won’t be able to afford a rudder

No. We should do the opposite of this.

If the big ten scraps divisions,as has been rumored, and goes with a 3-6-6 format, based on geography, Nebraska’s 3 protected games would be USC-UCLA and Iowa

Yep we aren't winning anything anytime soon if thst happens.

Hope people are ready for it.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
New Jersey to LA?? This is just lame at this point. Make it a pro sport and move on. Scrap all these conferences.

AFC, NFC type format and eliminate all non P5 teams.
I think that is coming sooner than later. The Big 10 and SEC have become the dominant conferences and now 3/5 of the P5 are really on life support. I see two 20 team conferences within the next few years. Clemson, FSU, VT, and NC to the SEC and Oregon, Wash, Stanford and Arizona to the Big 10.
By 2030 you'll have added BC, GT, Miami, and Virginia to the SEC and ASU, Wash St, CU, and Utah will be in the Big 10.
Finally by 2034, ISU, ND, (finally), Pitt, and Syracuse to the Big 10, and KU, KSU, Okie St, and TCU will join the SEC.
At 28 teams a piece these 56 schools will comprise the two Div 1A divisions of college football.

I think this is idiotic from a geography standpoint. Athletic conferences are not just football conferences.
except that's exactly what they have become ... Football conferences to be more specific.

I'm ecstatic about potentially getting to see Nebraska play USC and UCLA on a regular basis. I live closer to them than I do to Nebraska at this point so a short plane flight for me. I know it won't happen but I will foolishly hold out hope that Allegiant Field in Las Vegas hosts a Big 10 title game at some point and in a perfect world, hosts it every year.

Time to start thinking of football as its own thing and forming more regional conferences for Olympic sports that have to travel more often, and that includes basketball, volleyball and baseball.

As a Nebraska fan in Denver....please please please let this be true. All B1G road games are flights for us anyways, I'd much rather fly to LA than Detroit or Columbus...would be a big thumbs up for me.
I am with you. Living in Washington it is real easy for me to get to LA. Have both Nebraska and Washington friends living there. I would rather go to the beach for a long weekend than going to Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT