ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tuesday recruiting/coaching happenings [Updated 10:22 pm]

Sean Callahan

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Lincoln, NE
huskeronline.com
Below in this thread are updates on what we hear from Tuesday's happenings on the road with the coaching staff hires and in-home recruiting news.

==========================================

I caught up with Victor Jones finally tonight. He confirmed that Nebraska will be by to see him soon. He’s expecting at least coach Beckton who was one of the lead recruiters for Jones and he said that coach Frost is also intending to be there on that visit. He isn’t sure of the exact date.

(Bryan)

I caught up with Emmett Johnson following his in-home visit with coach Brown and coach Cooper. Johnson has set up an official visit to Nebraska for 12/11. He was told that Nebraska is going to offer but want the head coach to do it on the visit. Based on the visit last weekend, the visit tonight and the news that Nebraska is going to offer I put in a futurecast for Nebraska tonight.

(Bryan)

Nebraska defensive back commit Jalil Martin said he got a visit from coach Frost and coach Fisher today.

(Bryan)

Nebraska running back commitment Ashton Hayes got a visit today from coach Tuioti.

(Bryan)

New official visitor to report. Nebraska will be hosting Independence C.C. DT Amipeleasi Langi for a mid-week official visit next week.

(Bryan)

Millard South quarterback and Husker linebacker commit Gage Stenger will be taking his official visit to Nebraska this weekend. His parents, as well as his brother and his brother's fiancée, will be accompanying him to Lincoln for the weekend.

(Mike)

Happy Tuesday morning. I would not be surprised if as early as today we get official word on LSU's Mickey Joseph joining the coaching staff. Right now I expect it to happen from everything I have heard.

1638286078992.png

##########################################################
Nebraska has offered Abilene Christian DB portal transfer Ryan Stapp.

Ryan Stapp - Football - Abilene Christian University Athletics

Ryan Stapp (3) Cornerback - Honors HERO Sports Freshman All-America Honorable Mention Southland Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll Career Single-Game Highs All-purpose
acusports.com
acusports.com

(Bryan)

###########################################################
In-home visit today with Emmett Johnson

We know that RB Emmett Johnson will be hosting the Nebraska staff for an in-home visit later today. I am supposed to hear from him once they leave. I believe Coach Brown and Coach Cooper will be visiting with Johnson.

(Bryan)

###########################################################

We got confirmation from Cornell OL transfer Hunter Nourzad got a visit from Nebraska yesterday. Hunter told me it was coach Cooper that came by. Hunter was unwilling to do an interview because he's preparing for finals and his recruiting is blowing up (offers from Purdue and Syracuse so far today). He did say that he was going to take a visit to Nebraska but he's not sure when that will be.

(Bryan)

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News