ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Dannen Intro/PC

Cracking Up Laughing GIF by Strapped Entertainment
"better than Frost" is not the bar here.

obviously.

loosing cultures just compound upon themselves. hard to get those memories out of ones head in the 4th quarter. takes some real talent and warrior mindsets when the game starts. not sure the ad has anything to do with what's going on in a players mind and heart.

Reactions: Husker Todd
loosing cultures just compound upon themselves. hard to get those memories out of ones head in the 4th quarter. takes some real talent and warrior mindsets when the game starts. not sure the ad has anything to do with what's going on in a players mind and heart.
an AD's primary job is to align everyone to his mission and vision

losing isn't the disease, it's a symptom

same with winning. winning is a byproduct.

I don't believe blockhead trev's primary goal was to win on the field. rather, his main focus was on the department's bottom line. every single thing he did aligned perfectly to that primary goal.

it's my hope this new AD's primary objective for Nebraska is on-field/court success, profits and media and everything else be damned

Hopefully, Dylan is the guy that doesn't shit himself late in the 4th qtr. Would certainly help if Rhule didn't either.

Reactions: king_kong_

I don't believe blockhead trev's primary goal was to win on the field. rather, his main focus was on the department's bottom line. every single thing he did aligned perfectly to that primary goal.

it's my hope this new AD's primary objective for Nebraska is on-field/court success, profits and media and everything else be damned
🙄

Do I think it is rational? Absolutely not... I also do not believe after being on our 6th coach since 1998 and seeing the same incompetence on the field tells me it isn't just the "coach" and "players". Trev leaving the way he did also peaked my interest in what is going on above the AD's office.

As Kong said

Lack of Preparation
Lack of Poise
Lack of Killer Instinct

6 coaches and literally 1,000's of different players over the last 20 years and we get the same shit on the field. Why exactly do we continue to get beat like we get beat. It definitely can't just be those 3 things above, because why would it still be the same after so many transitions. We don't just lose...

From Wisconsin beating us 70-31 in the Big 10 Championship running the same play over and over again that we couldn't stop... to not having a quarterback that couldn't avoid giving the ball away this past year. We lose in Embarassing fashion, it is never a hard fought game and losing. It is getting completely out coached or players making a bad decision to end the game.

Saying all this, there is something stinky in that athletic department and it needs to be fixed. Troy may be great, and I hope he does well. The problem I see is Trev was doing some good things and now he is gone. Something just isn't sitting right with me, and I don't care how crazy you all think I am
Literally not a single word in that salad attempts to explain why we need to be concerned that the new guy took the job so he could sabotage any of the improvement we all hope to see, if it comes to pass.

If we are 5-6 and facing a 9-2 Iowa team like last year and lose a close one... Well Rhule will be on the Hot Seat and Troy will have a decision to make unfortunately.

Yes, because Troy is going to have to fire a coach after his second season and the U will pay Rhule $60 million not to coach. You are either crazy or rétàrdëd and right now I’m leaning towards the latter. RollingLaugh

Literally not a single word in that salad attempts to explain why we need to be concerned that the new guy took the job so he could sabotage any of the improvement we all hope to see, if it comes to pass.
How many AD's have succeeded here in the last 20 years? Internally above the AD there is something wrong. So you want to "Toss my Salad" again and actually pay attention to what I am complaining about. I am complaining about the people that hired him. Is he an Iowa fan... maybe not. Is he a incompetent AD... maybe not. Is he going to succeed... maybe? The problem I see is the one that seemed to be getting things done "Trev" is no longer here. That is still a mystery, and I don't know what is right and what isn't any more with the program

Last edited:
Yes, because Troy is going to have to fire a coach after his second season and the U will pay Rhule $60 million not to coach. You are either crazy or rétàrdëd and right now I’m leaning towards the latter. RollingLaugh
Hmmm didn't Pederson fire Solich? After going 9-3 the year after he was hired. This program does a lot of dumb shit so as retarded as this may be to you, it isn't out of the question

Hmmm didn't Pederson fire Solich? After going 9-3 the year after he was hired. This program does a lot of dumb shit so as retarded as this may be to you, it isn't out of the question
Are you really that thick scalded by even comparing the two situations over 20 years later..

Get help.

Why worry about the worst that could possibly happen? We’ll be fine. Chill🥶. After burying my brother a couple of weeks ago I’m just going to enjoy the ride no matter how bumpy the ride. We get that crazy crap can and does happen but I think your concern over this hire is unwarranted. From everything I’m reading and hearing Dannen knows who is really driving the bus. He’s not a Steve Pederson

Why worry about the worst that could possibly happen? We’ll be fine. Chill🥶. After burying my brother a couple of weeks ago I’m just going to enjoy the ride no matter how bumpy the ride. We get that crazy crap can and does happen but I think your concern over this hire is unwarranted. From everything I’m reading and hearing Dannen knows who is really driving the bus. He’s not a Steve Pederson
Sorry about your Brother. I had to bury one also.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I think this AD hire is a good one. The dude seems to have some semblance of sanity and a down to earth attitude. Nothing flashy. Maybe that is what we need. A simple, brick and mortar, lunch pail to work kind of guy.

Hopefully he will greatly scale back the $450 million dollar stadium redo.

Good riddance to the backstabbing Trev Alberts. Oh… and isn’t he from Iowa originally? Just sayin’…

I think this AD hire is a good one. The dude seems to have some semblance of sanity and a down to earth attitude. Nothing flashy. Maybe that is what we need. A simple, brick and mortar, lunch pail to work kind of guy.

Good riddance to the backstabbing Trev Alberts. Oh… and isn’t he from Iowa originally? Just sayin’…
I’m not going to take that route TA is a Iowyan..

I don’t like the way he left us, which was totally wrong, but I’m already moved on from it.

I think we chose a good hire and looking forward to a new chapter in the new B1G..

I think we have choose a great man to lead us to the next chapter in the B1G..

I would chill... but there is definite cause for concern and I have been called "retarded" for pointing out things that have got me to this point with program. I want nothing more than TD to succeed, and on paper he looks great. He sounded like a stand up guy in the the media introduction, and is well thought out. I just have concerns on a few things

1. The past 25 year history of the athletic department and their abrupt move failures
2. Trev Albert's left for a reason, and I know people want to just blame him. My senses tell me there was something internal that pushed him out that has been at the core of the last 25 years
3. Troy Dannen has done nothing yet and he was hired extremely fast. How much thought went into the hire.

I am not freaking out, I have been beyond that level for quite some time. The apathy set in a LONG time ago. It isn't just football, it is the men's athletic department as a whole that I have an issue with. I am at the point of either prove you are a good hire or STFU point. Right now the Jury on Rhule and Dannen are still out, but until they sustain success I will remain the way I am

I would chill... but there is definite cause for concern and I have been called "retarded" for pointing out things that have got me to this point with program. I want nothing more than TD to succeed, and on paper he looks great. He sounded like a stand up guy in the the media introduction, and is well thought out. I just have concerns on a few things

1. The past 25 year history of the athletic department and their abrupt move failures
2. Trev Albert's left for a reason, and I know people want to just blame him. My senses tell me there was something internal that pushed him out that has been at the core of the last 25 years
3. Troy Dannen has done nothing yet and he was hired extremely fast. How much thought went into the hire.

I am not freaking out, I have been beyond that level for quite some time. The apathy set in a LONG time ago. It isn't just football, it is the men's athletic department as a whole that I have an issue with. I am at the point of either prove you are a good hire or STFU point. Right now the Jury on Rhule and Dannen are still out, but until they sustain success I will remain the way I am
It’s one thing to say put up or shut up, which you are saying in this post.

It’s quite another to say you fear that Dannen is going to backstab the program because he hates all things Nebraska.

So which is it?

Edit: most people have no problem with put up or shut up.

I don’t like the way he left us, which was totally wrong, but I’m already moved on from it.

I think we chose a good hire and looking forward to a new chapter in the new B1G..

Dannen’s long time mentor is Bob Bowlsby who encouraged Dannen to take the job

Bowlsby - born and raised in Iowa. Masters degree from the University of Iowa. Univ of Iowa athletic director for 16 years. Big12 commissioner (who are still pissed at NU for leaving) for 10 years.

It seems like Neb may have been duped into another Alvarez - Eichorst gambit

Dannen’s long time mentor is Bob Bowlsby who encouraged Dannen to take the job

Bowlsby - born and raised in Iowa. Masters degree from the University of Iowa. Univ of Iowa athletic director for 16 years. Big12 commissioner (who are still pissed at NU for leaving) for 10 years.

It seems like Neb may have been duped into another Alvarez - Eichorst gambit

@big red22 just know that this is the devil whispering in your ear to tell you his lies. He wants you to break. Don’t take the bait with this poster who is just another iteration of Redmich to this thread.

You lost me when you called Trev a backstabber. I’m not ready to go down that road…..yet.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Charlie McBride is a Colorado alum. Just sayin if all you’re going to hire is Nebraskans your pool is VERY limited. I would MUCH rather have a Northern Iowa grad than guys from the south or west coast. The guy’s a west of the Mississippi small town guy who CHOSE not to go to the U of Iowa.

Reactions: timnsun
By sharing information to the Iowa staff...

Do I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist? Yes I do, but the shit that has happened to Nebraska Football over the last 20 years and the way we lose games has a 100% caused me to believe something off has been going on behind the scenes
Wait. Does this have to do with 2000 Mules and Dominion being owned by Hugo Chavez?

@big red22 just know that this is the devil whispering in your ear to tell you his lies. He wants you to break. Don’t take the bait with this poster who is just another iteration of Redmich to this thread.
She is a POS that I Own for calling her out with the rest of board sea of red.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
You lost me when you called Trev a backstabber. I’m not ready to go down that road…..yet.
I agree with this also

Pretty clear blockhead trev is ambitious, upwardly mobile and used his time here to bolster his resume first and foremost

I don’t blame him for it and if people do it says a lot more about them than him

Every move he made here makes perfect sense through the lens of a corporate suit climbing the ladder

Last edited:

The Iowa comment was meant as a joke. Playing off of earlier conversation on here about the new AD’s Iowa roots.

Reactions: scarletred
How many AD's have succeeded here in the last 20 years? Internally above the AD there is something wrong. So you want to "Toss my Salad" again and actually pay attention to what I am complaining about. I am complaining about the people that hired him. Is he an Iowa fan... maybe not. Is he an incompetent AD... maybe not. Is he going to succeed... maybe? The problem I see is the one that seemed to be getting things done "Trev" is no longer here. That is still a mystery, and I don't know what is right and what isn't any more with the program
Holy crap dude. Administration is going to brainwash or at least conspire with brand-new hire Dannen into firing Rhule if the coach gets the team successful, with the underlying promise of earning millions in a buyout after which he could still go back to Tulane and be AD, apparently in your mind with no mitigation of salary? This is your worry? Holy crap-level irrationality.

Just be unhappy with a suckass football team like the rest of us. Express that. It’s much easier sleeping at night.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Sorry for your loss dingle.

You have zero data to back this up. Your example is the FB program but you fail to mention the other programs such as wrestling, soccer, men’s and women’s BB, track and field, bowling and more were successful by most standards. They weren’t National Champions but improved which is part of the goal to eventually compete for National Honors.

Every AD wants his/her teams to win. The reality is only 50% will. So does that half of the ADs terrible?

We are in an Era of football and college sports that is becoming more and more difficult to navigate. With players coming and going en mass the task becomes more difficult. On top of all this, Nebraska and its funding is most unusual in the realm of college athletics. We could be like some schools who are hemorrhaging financially.

You have zero data to back this up. Your example is the FB program but you fail to mention the other programs such as wrestling, soccer, men’s and women’s BB, track and field, bowling and more were successful by most standards. They weren’t National Champions but improved which is part of the goal to eventually compete for National Honors.

Every AD wants his/her teams to win. The reality is only 50% will. So does that half of the ADs terrible?

We are in an Era of football and college sports that is becoming more and more difficult to navigate. With players coming and going en mass the task becomes more difficult. On top of all this, Nebraska and its funding is most unusual in the realm of college athletics. We could be like some schools who are hemorrhaging financially.
Profit is winning to many.

Stadium renovation.
Any feelings on the likelihood of this going forward as originally proposed with our new AD?

Charlie McBride is a Colorado alum. Just sayin if all you’re going to hire is Nebraskans your pool is VERY limited. I would MUCH rather have a Northern Iowa grad than guys from the south or west coast. The guy’s a west of the Mississippi small town guy who CHOSE not to go to the U of Iowa.
Agreed. People need to get rid of the it has to be a Nebraska guy thing. Anyone who comes here will make Nebraska their new home. No one is trying to sabotage anything. Rhule was not a Nebraska guy and now I would argue he is a big time Nebraska guy. We just need football to get good again and all of this shit goes away.

Agreed. People need to get rid of the it has to be a Nebraska guy thing. Anyone who comes here will make Nebraska their new home. No one is trying to sabotage anything. Rhule was not a Nebraska guy and now I would argue he is a big time Nebraska guy. We just need football to get good again and all of this shit goes away.
If you are referring to me, I never said I think it needs to be a Nebraska guy. I said I don't think it should be an Iowa guy.

Profit is winning to many.
Like most anything else in this world, you gotta have a lot of money to make things work. Building or in this case, rebuilding a football program requires lots of it. It isn’t an either or.

If you are referring to me, I never said I think it needs to be a Nebraska guy. I said I don't think it should be an Iowa guy.
Not referring to you. It's a general comment. Anytime a hire needs to be made whether it is a coach or an AD a lot of Nebraskan's think that someone related to the program in some way needs to be hired. A former player, coach, or someone who grew up in Nebraska. For me, I don't think that is how you get the best candidate and has burned us many times in the past. If the best candidate has a tie to the program, fantastic, but doesn't need to be a criteria factored in. Just go get the best people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT