ADVERTISEMENT

Timepiece boy ain't got no rizz......

tBUvUIT.jpg

the irony of it being called "perfect timing" when the 808 and hi-hat placements sound like they were written by a 12 year old banging on their school desk

he doesn't have the right voice, either. people underrate the fact that hiphop largely revolves around the voice today. guys like Drake & Future are essentially vehicles for better writers because they have euphonic vocal tones

having the wrong voice but great writing is like trying to be a model with a trashbag face. unfortunately Shadeur has neither

Ehhh, in the end, from what we have seen throughout pop culture is that the music industry (the fans especially) tend to NOT like actors/actresses/sports stars that try to become singers/rappers.

Not rap but we all (sort of) remember these horrible attempts.
Don Johnson
Eddie Murphy
Bruce Willis

Rappers
Shaq
Deon Sanders
Kobe
AI

Rap, especially, is very much rooted in "where you came from". IceT and Ice Cube were "from the streets" FIRST and then got into acting, so they had their credibility, same with 50 Cent and Emenim.

There is a really good book on Pop Culture in the US that I use for a class I teach and we cover this topic. It is fun and interesting.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Next athlete to make a good song, whether it be hip hop, country, rock or otherwise, will be the 1st.

Shaq’s rap music may have not been good, rap isn’t my thing so I wouldn’t know, but I did like this track.

Like I said rap isn’t my thing, so I might have just liked it because he was dissing that punk ass bitch, LaVar Ball.

Rap, especially, is very much rooted in "where you came from". IceT and Ice Cube were "from the streets" FIRST and then got into acting, so they had their credibility, same with 50 Cent and Emenim.
Not true anymore. Drake, Kanye West, 21 Savage, Lil Yachty, Post Malone all came from middle class homes.

Rap/hip-hop today is largely based on the production, marketing, and likeability of the artist.

Shadeur would stand a much better chance were he to work with Metro Boomin, drop "Sanders" from his name, and own the persona of living a charmed life. Even his spotify is a total mess, no artist verification, no lyrics on screen, etc

Reactions: huskerj12
Not true anymore. Drake, Kanye West, 21 Savage, Lil Yachty, Post Malone all came from middle class homes.

Rap/hip-hop today is largely based on the production, marketing, and likeability of the artist.

Shadeur would stand a much better chance were he to work with Metro Boomin, drop "Sanders" from his name, and own the persona of living a charmed life. Even his spotify is a total mess, no artist verification, no lyrics on screen, etc
I get that, but they were not stars already. Well, Drake was kind of a kid actor. I get your point, for sure, but it is hard to be a star at something else and then try to rap.

Reactions: thall_
I get that, but they were not stars already. Well, Drake was kind of a kid actor. I get your point, for sure, but it is hard to be a star at something else and then try to rap.
The pg on LSU women's hoops team can rap and has released multiple songs. Her dad was a rapper though so maybe it can be genetic

Ehhh, in the end, from what we have seen throughout pop culture is that the music industry (the fans especially) tend to NOT like actors/actresses/sports stars that try to become singers/rappers.

Don Johnson
Eddie Murphy
Bruce Willis

Rappers
Shaq
Deon Sanders
Kobe
AI

There is a really good book on Pop Culture in the US that I use for a class I teach and we cover this topic. It is fun and interesting.
Forgot Patrick Swayze…

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

Don Johnson
Eddie Murphy
Bruce Willis

Rappers
Shaq
Deon Sanders
Kobe
AI

I'll pass.

the irony of it being called "perfect timing" when the 808 and hi-hat placements sound like they were written by a 12 year old banging on their school desk

he doesn't have the right voice, either. people underrate the fact that hiphop largely revolves around the voice today. guys like Drake & Future are essentially vehicles for better writers because they have euphonic vocal tones

having the wrong voice but great writing is like trying to be a model with a trashbag face. unfortunately Shadeur has neither
I'm not an aficionado of hip hop, but this is a GREAT take on' voice'...

Reactions: thall_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT