ADVERTISEMENT

This Dork Just Got Pegged to Run NIL

Lots of ignorance in these replies.
First, Jonathan Bateman is a top-notch administrator. He's been at it a long time and is well-versed in NCAA rules. Honors grad of the Marquette Law School sports law program.
Secondly, this does not mean that the institution itself will be getting involved in the nuts and bolts of NIL. It means that the athletics administration is being proactive in monitoring NIL. While there presently aren't many rules governing NIL, there are a few. If there were to be some NCAA violations involving NIL and the athletic department had not been keeping tabs, it would qualify as the dreaded Lack of Institutional Control under NCAA bylaws.
I’m sure he’s highly qualified. I was just judging the book by the cover.

Maybe he can help us land Nevada Smith from Marquette as our next hoops coach?

Lots of ignorance in these replies.
First, Jonathan Bateman is a top-notch administrator. He's been at it a long time and is well-versed in NCAA rules. Honors grad of the Marquette Law School sports law program.
Secondly, this does not mean that the institution itself will be getting involved in the nuts and bolts of NIL. It means that the athletics administration is being proactive in monitoring NIL. While there presently aren't many rules governing NIL, there are a few. If there were to be some NCAA violations involving NIL and the athletic department had not been keeping tabs, it would qualify as the dreaded Lack of Institutional Control under NCAA bylaws.

Ok, but according to the staff directory, there are already 7 people working full-time in the Compliance Office. Like what are they doing all day? None of them are capable of monitoring the few NIL rules that there are?

I'm just curious why we would need this guy when we already have 5 "Associate Directors" of Compliance.

Ok, but according to the staff directory, there are already 7 people working full-time in the Compliance Office. Like what are they doing all day? None of them are capable of monitoring the few NIL rules that there are?

I'm just curious why we would need this guy when we already have 5 "Associate Directors" of Compliance.
Lol. If it’s attached to the University, bloat is built into each departments budget. I used to say UNL could fire 50% of “employees” down there, and nobody would even notice. But that’s a lie. It’s likely way more like 75%

Reactions: king_kong_
Awww. Sad face for the new poster.
Reaction Confused GIF

• Sad
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT