ADVERTISEMENT

Team moving to West Sideline

This fall. In an email to season ticket holders Dannan said West Sideline has a "competitive advantage".
Thanks. Yeah I got mine this afternoon and forgot to post. I hope they lower the tent when not used. Got a sneaky suspicion it'll be in front of me

Interesting, I knew they planned to do this. But I do wonder why, when I'm a donor and season ticket holder that sits in the west stadium on the 35 yard line, I didn't get this email. AD must not think I don't donate enough.

Interesting, I knew they planned to do this. But I do wonder why, when I'm a donor and season ticket holder that sits in the west stadium on the 35 yard line, I didn't get this email. AD must not think I don't donate enough.
Really?? I stand corrected. Got mine at 6:29

Come November, they'll wish they were in the sun.
Probably, but I think the difference between the West & East sides during the fall are much greater than the winter months.

Fall months: East side is like standing on the sun, West side is standing on a nice beach.

Winter months: West side is freezing, East side a little less freezing.

Last edited:
It was prefaced by reminding us that tomorrow begins the Seat Yourself window and they wanted people in the Seat Yourself "portal" to have the data point that the team was changing sidelines in case that impacted where they wanted to change seats to. Maybe season ticket holders who did not sign up to get new seats in the Seat Yourself process did not get the email. Or maybe it went to your SPAM folder.

It was prefaced by reminding us that tomorrow begins the Seat Yourself window and they wanted people in the Seat Yourself "portal" to have the data point that the team was changing sidelines in case that impacted where they wanted to change seats to. Maybe season ticket holders who did not sign up to get new seats in the Seat Yourself process did not get the email. Or maybe it went to your SPAM folder.
True

Finally tired of seeing our players roasted in the first months games. And our coaches having to squint and stare at the sun for any day day games. Honestly quite shocked it’s taking this long to make the change

Last edited:
This! Plus they probably will only play in one or two really cold days in Lincoln, so not a bad move.
Couldn’t they switch sidelines starting in November? Or do they have to stay on the same sideline for an entire season?

Probably, but I think the difference between the West & East sides during the fall are much greater than the winter months.

Fall months: East side is like standing on the sun, West side is standing on a nice beach.

Winter months: West side is freezing, East side a little less freezing.
Easier to warm up, than cool down.

They were still using some signs in the spring game. I’m assuming there can be different alignments on some play calls? 🤷
Yeah Rhule said just because they have communication in the helmets, they are still going to be signaling in some things for personel and alignment purposes. Will just make things go a tad but faster and can relay other pertinent info in to pass along to the team other than play call until the 15 second mark

Yeah Rhule said just because they have communication in the helmets, they are still going to be signaling in some things for personel and alignment purposes. Will just make things go a tad but faster and can relay other pertinent info in to pass along to the team other than play call until the 15 second mark
I liked some of the tempo they used at times.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Interesting wording and maybe it's nothing. Email says "This switch will not have an impact on anyone currently seated in West Stadium for the 2024 season."

Does that mean players family will stay in the east side? Will visitors seating stay in the west?? Flip them? Players seating I think was between the 40s or so. Like to see their plan on that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT