ADVERTISEMENT

Talent deficiency -NU vs Big 10...

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Article from OWH today. Ohio State has 9. Penn State and Wisconsin has 7. Iowa and Michigan State has 4. Minnesota EVEN has 2!! NU ONE...I repeat ONE!! Stanley Morgan. That is how many players invited to the NFL combine. Yes.. Devine should have gotten an invite but the fact remains NU isn't there just yet. That was evident in the Michigan and Wisconsin games. Pelini and Riley left a glaring hole in the talent department. You combine little talent with terrible conditioning and development and you saw the results. Iowa and Wisconsin flat out pushed us around. Michigan and OSU simply had more studs. NFL talent. Frost and Duval are getting NU back to where they should be. Talented players who are killers in the weight room and developed to their max potential. NU should be putting 3 to 5 kids a year in the NFL!! No more 1 or 2 MAYBE drafted into the League. Still have a ways to go but we are on the right track. GBR

We may be witnessing the beginning of the process to get back on the talent/development track you discussed.
It’s a good time to be a Husker.

There is a good chance we don't have one senior starter next year on offense. That gives you an idea on our lack of depth and development because of Riley.
Thats not even a remote possibility. We for sure will have at least 1. Probably less than 5 but certainly not Zero.

Thats not even a remote possibility. We for sure will have at least 1. Probably less than 5 but certainly not Zero.
Well tell me who they are.
QB-Martinez-soph
OL- Jamies-JR
OL- Wilson-Jr
OL-Farniok - Jr
OL- ?
OL-?
RB- Mills, Washington, Jones, Thompkins = none are Srs
WR- JD-Jr
WR- Warner-Soph
Duck R/WR/RB - Robinson
TE-Stoll-JR

If Gaylord - OL and Williams and Woodyard-Wrs don't start, then there is a good chance we will not have any Sr. starters on Offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
QB-Martinez-soph
OL- Jamies-JR
OL- Wilson-Jr
OL-Farniok - Jr
OL- ?
OL-?
WR- JD-Jr
WR- Warner-Soph
Duck R/WR/RB - Robinson
TE-Stoll-JR

If Gaylord - OL and Williams and Woodyard-Wrs don't start, then there is a good chance we will not have any Sr. starters on Offense.
Crap. Sorry, i was thinking about the entire team not just offense. You are 100% correct.

QB-Martinez-soph
OL- Jamies-JR
OL- Wilson-Jr
OL-Farniok - Jr
OL- ?
OL-?
WR- JD-Jr
WR- Warner-Soph
Duck R/WR/RB - Robinson
TE-Stoll-JR

Hard to believe, but yes, entirely likely and maybe more likely than not. Stretching to regulars makes 3 or 4 guys getting regular snaps in the bunch who are seniors... wow

There is a good chance we don't have one senior starter next year on offense. That gives you an idea on our lack of depth and development because of Riley.
Riley first class was 2015 and he only had 1.5 months to throw it together. Nearly all Riley 2015 recruits redshirted their first year and are Juniors next year.

The reasons their are no seniors on offense is bc of 2014.

Go look at 2014 offense recruits - theres your problem:

Aj bush
Zack Darlington
Monte Harrison
Javon Walton
Glenn Irons
Larenzo Stewart
Jariah Tolbert
No redshirted Olineman
Etc.....

All the above should be redshirt seniors. Theres not a offense player still on team from 2014 class.

Last edited:
Riley first class was 2015 and he only had 1.5 months to throw it together. Nearly all Riley 2015 recruits redshirted their first year and are Juniors next year.

Aj bush
Zack Darlington
Monte Harrison
Javon Walton
Glenn Irons
Larenzo Stewart
Jariah Tolbert
No redshirted Olineman
Etc.....

All the above should be redshirt seniors. Theres not a offense player still on team from 2014 class.

I think there a fairly compelling explanation why there are no offensive players still on the offense from the 2014 class. It's sometimes referred to as eligibility. Winking

Aj bush
Zack Darlington
Monte Harrison
Javon Walton
Glenn Irons
Larenzo Stewart
Jariah Tolbert
No redshirted Olineman
Etc.....

Riley and Pelini are both at fault. I put that in original post. Plenty of blame to go around. From the A.D. on down for quite some time.

Whats great is that THIS staff has a plan to get it fixed.. i dont care about the past i dont think the staff does either.. they see what needs to be fixed in every way and they need to have a plan to fix it.. the walkon program hasnt been better since osborne days.. they are getting kids to fit HCSF system and once they begin to believe they can win...the wins will be come. I am excited.. im ready for distractions to go away and get back to football..

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Article from OWH today. Ohio State has 9. Penn State and Wisconsin has 7. Iowa and Michigan State has 4. Minnesota EVEN has 2!! NU ONE...I repeat ONE!! Stanley Morgan. That is how many players invited to the NFL combine. Yes.. Devine should have gotten an invite but the fact remains NU isn't there just yet. That was evident in the Michigan and Wisconsin games. Pelini and Riley left a glaring hole in the talent department. You combine little talent with terrible conditioning and development and you saw the results. Iowa and Wisconsin flat out pushed us around. Michigan and OSU simply had more studs. NFL talent. Frost and Duval are getting NU back to where they should be. Talented players who are killers in the weight room and developed to their max potential. NU should be putting 3 to 5 kids a year in the NFL!! No more 1 or 2 MAYBE drafted into the League. Still have a ways to go but we are on the right track. GBR

Excellent post. You have answered the debate. Let me ask you, great recruiter average coach or great coach, average recruiter ? Which do you prefer?

I think there a fairly compelling explanation why there are no offensive players still on the offense from the 2014 class. It's sometimes referred to as eligibility. Winking
Wasted redshirts, redshirts getting kicked out

Wasted redshirts, redshirts getting kicked out

Even if they redshirted, their last year of eligibility would have been 2018. Unless of course if they got injured and petitioned for a 6th year.

Edit-Oh, I think I just understood what you were referring to. A bad recruiting class of offensive players. Got it..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT