ADVERTISEMENT

Spring football

Maybe Coach should take a pay cut??? If the players are doing all the coaching??? Haha

There's a position group that so far this Spring has been on a milk carton, FULLBACKS. Maybe the media coverage has missed it but I will be sorely disappointed if the FBs are not an appropriate part of the offense this season.
I'm not so worried about the Fullbacks. They never are going to be the biggest part of this offense. I'm more worried about seeing the TEs. Maybe the limited videos we get to see just aren't focused on the TEs but that's who I'd like to see be a much bigger part of the offense. Where's Fidone? Haven't heard much about him this Spring.

It always helps when players sort of take charge...
I like to see players Coaching. But I really want to see players holding other players accountable. That’s when we were great. If a player was slacking, they usually didn’t like what happened to them after that.

I'm not so worried about the Fullbacks. They never are going to be the biggest part of this offense. I'm more worried about seeing the TEs. Maybe the limited videos we get to see just aren't focused on the TEs but that's who I'd like to see be a much bigger part of the offense. Where's Fidone? Haven't heard much about him this Spring.
Heard commentary today that Fidone looks a step faster and more confident than last year. Makes sense given what he's been through...

There's a position group that so far this Spring has been on a milk carton, FULLBACKS. Maybe the media coverage has missed it but I will be sorely disappointed if the FBs are not an appropriate part of the offense this season.

No clue how they will use the FBs this year. Last year fans were so excited about the return of the FB lol. Nothing against them but I couldn't care one way or the other if we see a FB.

As long as we have an efficient offense that utilizes all of its weapons and scores some points I'll be happy.

Holla

No clue how they will use the FBs this year. Last year fans were so excited about the return of the FB lol. Nothing against them but I couldn't care one way or the other if we see a FB.

As long as we have an efficient offense that utilizes all of its weapons and scores some points I'll be happy.

Holla
Two things:

One, when Rhule came in he said the FB position was going to be integral to the offense (my words).

Two, and this is just my opinion, but a FB threat out of the backfield or as a receiver (I see you Andy J.) makes the offense even more dimensional to defend, and that's a good thing.

Matt, please don't forget the FB. It doesn't have to figure prominently, but it does have to figure.

Reactions: Zeke2005
Satt was pretty positive about his development during his PC but other than that we haven’t heard much.

Have not heard a great deal about many though either. Zero OL news all camp.

Reactions: Laner2
Two things:

One, when Rhule came in he said the FB position was going to be integral to the offense (my words).

Two, and this is just my opinion, but a FB threat out of the backfield or as a receiver (I see you Andy J.) makes the offense even more dimensional to defend, and that's a good thing.

Matt, please don't forget the FB. It doesn't have to figure prominently, but it does have to figure.
I think both of you are correct.
We want to see an efficient offense that utilizes all of its weapons. Long time since that’s been the case.
I think the FB could be a bonus for our offense if we have one or two that can be multi-dimensional. Be a Beast of a blocker, gain tough yards (short yardage and goal line), and be a decent receiver.
If our D isn’t putting Deion’s son on his ass consistently, pounding the rock/chewing up clock might be our best plan. Same obviously goes for other offenses we like to see on the bench.

I think both of you are correct.
We want to see an efficient offense that utilizes all of its weapons. Long time since that’s been the case.
I think the FB could be a bonus for our offense if we have one or two that can be multi-dimensional. Be a Beast of a blocker, gain tough yards (short yardage and goal line), and be a decent receiver.
If our D isn’t putting Deion’s son on his ass consistently, pounding the rock/chewing up clock might be our best plan. Same obviously goes for other offenses we like to see on the bench.
Gotta have the dude at fullback in order to use him. How many high schools still use a fullback?

Two things:

Anything to keep qbs healthy and can pass block

Gotta have the dude at fullback in order to use him. How many high schools still use a fullback?
I concur. If you don’t have a guy that can do all the things I said and if Banks, Neyor (Sp), produce like I think they will, don’t put someone out there that is just serviceable.

I think we’re going to be really DAMN excited by what those 2 do at WR!

Janiran Bonner look smooth on that drill. Kids added 30 pounds since high school and still looks fast and lean. I can’t understand why he didn’t get more touches last year and I honestly don’t quite understand why he’s @ FB. The tweet said “WRs working the N drill.” So maybe he’s getting looked at back at WR.

Mickey loved Bonner, basically said kid could have played a few years ago but he was special and they didn’t want to waste him. Love or hate Mickey personally, I don’t care. But not too many guys have his resume when it comes to spotting talent. And let’s be real, we really struggled on offense last year. So it’s just so hard to understand why they didn’t use Bonner. 6’2 220 is what you want in the B1G at WR. Granted Janiran is just now a Sophmore, so plenty of time to do it. But no one is going to tell me Ty Hahn was more talented than Bonner was last year. No way

Just don’t understand this one

Last edited:
Two things:

I wish I could agree with you my brother lol. I guess I'm at the point where I just stunt care anymore about the how. I just want to get the job done.

I remember resisting going away from running the option back in the days. Not anymore. Idgaf how we get it done lol. Pass 40 times or run 40 times or have 50/50 balance right down the middle. Idc... just win baby.

Play 3 FBs at a time or completely junk the position idc... just win. That's just where I'm at with it right now. Nostalgia is only good when you are winning imo

Holla

Janiran Bonner look smooth on that drill. Kids added 30 pounds since high school and still looks fast and lean. I can’t understand why he didn’t get more touches last year and I honestly don’t quite understand why he’s @ FB. The tweet said “WRs working the N drill.” So maybe he’s getting looked at back at WR.

Mickey loved Bonner, basically said kid could have played a few years ago but he was special and they didn’t want to waste him. Love or hate Mickey personally, I don’t care. But not too many guys have his resume when it comes to spotting talent. And let’s be real, we really struggled on offense last year. So it’s just so hard to understand why they didn’t use Bonner. 6’2 220 is what you want in the B1G at WR. Granted Janiran is just now a Sophmore, so plenty of time to do it. But no one is going to tell me Ty Hahn was more talented than Bonner was last year. No way

Just don’t understand this one
I’m sure they’re keeping their best guys on the sideline. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: kakdawg

GLIrPyLW0AAKwKX

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT