ADVERTISEMENT

Football Sources: Kyle McCord no longer considering Nebraska, more on the Huskers' QB situation

Zack Carpenter

Graduate Assistant
Staff
May 19, 2022
Multiple sources have confirmed: Kyle McCord is no longer considering Nebraska. The two sides have parted ways.

On Monday afternoon, sources indicated that things were shifting in the Dylan Raiola recruitment and that Nebraska was back in the race. Then, the news broke nationally and locally that the Huskers were making a late push to flip him from Georgia. As of Monday afternoon, sources indicated that Nebraska still felt good about its chances to land both McCord and Julian Fleming.

All throughout Wednesday morning and afternoon, though, things began to shift yet again. I was exchanging texts back and forth with five different sources all throughout the day trying to get the best read on the QB situation. Spoke with them about all things related to the recruitments of Raiola, McCord, Daniel Kaelin and the Huskers' potential to bring in an outside hire at QB coach or hiring an analyst to work with the QBs. It was trending toward this evening's news that is now concrete: McCord is moving on from the Huskers as his next landing spot.

As for Fleming, his stance with Nebraska – at least to my knowledge – is unknown. He was on campus Tuesday and Wednesday for a visit, but I do not know how the situation with McCord will affect him. I'm not going to further speculate, but I wanted to address Fleming here as well.

I'm working on finding out plenty more on, well, everyone and everything I just mentioned above. But that's all to report for now. Stay tuned. No matter the outcome, I would rank this as the craziest recruiting story – from end-to-end – that I've ever covered myself over the last five years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News