ADVERTISEMENT

Football Some notes from the scrimmage I can pass along...

Sean Callahan

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Lincoln, NE
huskeronline.com
I was able to talk with someone that caught the scrimmage today. Here are a few things he shared...

This was the starting offensive line groups, obviously, this is very fluid, but these were the group that came out today.
First group
LT - Brant Banks
LG - Nouri Nouili
C - Trent Hixson
RG - Broc Bando
RT - Bryce Benhart

Second ground
LT - Ezra Miller
LG - Kevin Williams
C - Ethan Piper
RG - Henry Lutvosky
RT - Hunter Anthony

QB Casey Thompson struggled at times, but he said "the dude is a leader." There was a point though in the middle of the scrimmage where the offense really found their stride and took it to the defense.

At running back, Anthony Grant really flashed and had some nice runs. Tight end Thomas Fidone also did well.

This was the starting secondary group today:

CB - Quinton Newsome
S - Noa Pola-Gates
S - Marques Buford Jr.
CB - Braxton Clark
Nickel - Isaac Gifford

Nothing really crazy with the DB group here. As Fisher has said, he roles an "old guys group" and a "new guys group." This obviously was the "old guy group" out there today. I know for fact both Tommi Hill and DeShon Singleton have been impressive too this spring.

There was also quite a scuffle that broke out today as well. Caleb Tannor got a cheap shot on Trey Palmer after a touchdown and a bunch of players jumped in. Frost was really upset and they ran quite a bit after that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News