ADVERTISEMENT

SO LAST YEAR...

Husker Dreme

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2009
Omaha, NE
SO LAST YEAR...

I posted my "10 Bold Predictions" for 2021.

In it, I predicted a losing season for NU (thought 4, maybe 5 wins - turns out I was being optimistic rather than pessimistic), Michigan beating Ohio State, Texas A&M beating Alabama, and other things laughed at by the majority.

So the Rose-colored faithful should be happy to know that this year I'm predicting 6-7 wins. I think we all know the reasons for the (relative) optimism: improved coaching on the offensive side. The main reason for losing games we do will likely be due to the defensive front line depth (or lack thereof) and resulting gashes from RB's all year we haven't seen in awhile.

Here are some other predictions for the upcoming season. I'll do a "10 Bold" closer to season start. But here are a few teasers:
  • USC wins Pac-12 in Year 1 of Riley
  • Michigan State has an abysmal Year 2 (much like Indiana last year)
  • Big 10 has at least 4 coaching changes at end of year (firings / moving on)
  • Penn State upsets Ohio State and wins the East
I'm curious what others think the win total this year will be. Easier scheduling plus better offensive production seems to indicate we might finally get over the "hump" and get back into bowling. But I'd like to hear from all of you. Win totals. Any other predictions you have.

Enjoy your week!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News