ADVERTISEMENT

Sims to ASU

P4 programs disagree with me. Got it. What do you say? Do you also disagree with me?
I side with our coaching staff, which started a guy with zero experience and even tried Sims a second time before resorting to purdy, who was running the scout team (not by accident)

Chubba is from phx. Was a big time recruit in AZ. That asu didn’t even glance in his direction but are bringing in Sims should be telling.

I’m not arguing with you. Simply listing what happened.

I’ve learned that quarterback play, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. There is no through line that satisfies everyone’s idea of what “good” looks like.

I side with our coaching staff, which started a guy with zero experience and even tried Sims a second time before resorting to purdy, who was running the scout team (not by accident)

Chubba is from phx. Was a big time recruit in AZ. That asu didn’t even glance in his direction but are bringing in Sims should be telling.

I’m not arguing with you. Simply listing what happened.

I’ve learned that quarterback play, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. There is no through line that satisfies everyone’s idea of what “good” looks like.
I mostly agree with this. Sims looks the part, and showed at GT that he CAN play the role at times. But what he showed at Nebraska, in games at least, was completely different.

Again, both were terrible for us. But to say Purdy was worse (as the poster I initially responded to indicated) seemed difficult to quantify.

Sims LOOKED better than all our QBs last year, in my opinion. And then they played the games.

If he somehow figures out how to mitigate his turnovers, he could play the position still. That’s a big ‘if’.

They are equally awful with Sims having a better frame and athletic ability with some tape those shows a small bit of success at Ga Tech vs. Purdy with zero good tape outside of one long scramble run.
I predict Purdy will end up playing well this year and eventually get signed by an NFL team. I watched a fair amount of his older brother at ISU and believe it or not he plays like him. If he’s healthy and win’s Nevada’s job, he’ll be better for them. He needed reps and partly because of Sims and partly because of his injuries, he didn’t get the practice reps he needed at NU. It’s one of the reasons Rhule changed the way he ran practices this spring.

I predict Purdy will end up playing well this year and eventually get signed by an NFL team. I watched a fair amount of his older brother at ISU and believe it or not he plays like him. If he’s healthy and win’s Nevada’s job, he’ll be better for them. He needed reps and partly because of Sims and partly because of his injuries, he didn’t get the practice reps he needed at NU. It’s one of the reasons Rhule changed the way he ran practices this spring.
I'm not sure what you saw in Purdy that makes you think that.

I'm not sure what you saw in Purdy that makes you think that.
the same things the Niners saw in his brother that caused them to sign him. I know he crapped the bed here. He’s very athletic, has an adequate arm and IMO won’t repeat his mistakes much the same as his brother. It’s a long term view on my part. Husker fans are very quick to throw QBs under the bus. You give Purdy first team practice reps at Nevada and I believe he’s going to surprise people.

Reactions: pascal
oh boy, here we go

the same things the Niners saw in his brother that caused them to sign him. I know he crapped the bed here. He’s very athletic, has an adequate arm and IMO won’t repeat his mistakes much the same as his brother. It’s a long term view on my part. Husker fans are very quick to throw QBs under the bus. You give Purdy first team practice reps at Nevada and I believe he’s going to surprise people.
So the Manning brother who didn't have an NFL career should have because his brothers did well? Like I said, the tape don't lie. Done arguing Chubs though. We've got a solid QB room and not wasting energy on athletes who aren't here.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
So the Manning brother who didn't have an NFL career should have because his brothers did well? Like I said, the tape don't lie. Done arguing Chubs though. We've got a solid QB room and not wasting energy on athletes who aren't here.
wonder if he knows the 49ers have another player whose brother was a shitty QB at Nebraska. then he transferred. then he was so bad he transferred again. then he switched positions.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I always wondered what the conversations
are around the table are like on Thanksgiving.
Does everyone wear theirbsuperbowl ring? They must rib him some.

My lawd.

Reactions: thall_
Wish him well. Great athlete. Hate to bag on the kid but noticed after watching his multiple fumbles he could have recovered several of his own but literally got away from the ball because he was scared of being hit. Go back and watch and you’ll see it. I hope he can get that out of his system because he could be really good.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Against purdue sims had 2 plays. I think one was a penalty and the other was a fumble where he just stood there and let it get stripped and returned for a fumble. Sims is a character you make in madden, fast, strong arm, accurate enough....but with 0 awareness lol.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Good kid.

Hard not to root for him.

Things didn't go well at all for him here, but he was a great teammate and always kept a positive attitude.

I did 21 hours in a semester in college, and can appreciate the work and dedication it takes.

Wish him nothing but the best at Arizona State and thank him for being a part of Husker Nation.

He's a player that looks like a freak athletically, seems like a decent human being and teammate. He also had a complete mental, emotional, and confidence breakdown and seemed to want nothing more than to not be in a game or touch the football last year. In short, he broke. He'll be better at ASU if he gets a chance (honestly, he can't be worse).

I heard a college baseball coach recently say that he'll never get questioned for missing on a guy that is 6' 6", 230 lb that throws 97 but can't throw a strike. Howsever, if that 5' 10" kid isn't Greg Maddux, he'd get fired.

He's a player that looks like a freak athletically, seems like a decent human being and teammate. He also had a complete mental, emotional, and confidence breakdown and seemed to want nothing more than to not be in a game or touch the football last year. In short, he broke. He'll be better at ASU if he gets a chance (honestly, he can't be worse).

I heard a college baseball coach recently say that he'll never get questioned for missing on a guy that is 6' 6", 230 lb that throws 97 but can't throw a strike. Howsever, if that 5' 10" kid isn't Greg Maddux, he'd get fired.
Last year? It wasn't the first time.

He didn't want to go into games at GT too, got cut, and then suckered us into paying NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT