ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Spring Game Injury Update

Rhule told Steve Sipple that Nebraska cornerback Blye Hill will likely return in time to see action in 2024 (but not specified as to when). Rhule says Demitrius Bell though will be out for the entire 2024 season.
Figured that for Bell. Hopefully Blye’s recovery is quicker than expected.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ARE we ? I'm not sure that's the case. Especially at CB I'd disagree completely.

Holla
I am with you. We have tons of guys at DB, most of them are frosh or RS frosh or sophs that are not proven.
Hopefully we have a young guy step up at CB.

That sucks for Bell, I know he was looking to play this year after having to sit out last season.

I think we have several bodies on the team that need to heal up over the next couple months.

• Love
Reactions: kakdawg
Blye had pretty much locked that spot up and they want Hartzog at one of the safety spots.

Yes I know. Outside of Blye what did we have. Even with Blye we are young and inexperienced after Hill and with Hartzog to safety. That doesn't equal depth

We have a lot of bodies but not sure if it's quality yet. I hope Charles takes a huge step. Great athlete with next level measurables.

Holla

Yes I know. Outside of Blye what did we have. Even with Blye we are young and inexperienced after Hill and with Hartzog to safety. That doesn't equal depth

We have a lot of bodies but not sure if it's quality yet. I hope Charles takes a huge step. Great athlete with next level measurables.

Holla
Whoever it becomes, they will get some good experience going against our slew of wide receivers!

Holla
Looks like Bootle and Nation are next up in terms of depth at corner. They are on the smaller side, but Bootle was on the 2 deep at corner until he got injured last year. They'll move Hartzog back to start the season if they need to, as Singleton and Buford are veteran at safety.

Looks like Bootle and Nation are next up in terms of depth at corner. They are on the smaller side, but Bootle was on the 2 deep at corner until he got injured last year. They'll move Hartzog back to start the season if they need to, as Singleton and Buford are veteran at safety.
I hope Nation lives up to the hype. They were loving him last year and haven't heard much this year, but I hope he can help us.

After the Blye Hill injury, Nebraska reportedly is looking to the portal for adding a potential CB. They're looking at Terrance Brooks who started 19 games for Texas over the past two seasons. He has been contacted by the Huskers. Brooks notched three interceptions and six breakups earning honorable mention All-Big 12. However 27 schools have offered Brooks so landing him won’t be easy.

Probably right about Hartzog but I hope they keep him at safety. I also had doubts about his height but if we are being honest Bootle and Nation aren't much taller.

I know Buford played a bit of CB early on also. Or maybe "baby" Buford gets a legit look.

I guess I'm kinda rooting for Charles because I think he has the highest upside of the guys in the running but I'm just hoping we can have solid play opposite Hill. Chances are whoever it is will be targeted a bunch because I think we will see Hill make a few plays early and teams shy away from him. By years end I think he was our best CB and had surpassed Newsome. He was a ball hawk.

Holla

Reactions: BleedRed78
Rhule will not rush hill we are fairly deep in the secondary.
Deep in numbers but not certain about quality. Certainly it is unproven and young. Moving Hartzog to safety says something and he is a small safety at that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT