ADVERTISEMENT

Siap Bryce McGowens declared for the draft.

Back to the (portal) drawing board.

I don't see a top half 2022-23 conference finish; they might have to over-achieve to make 10th or better. Hoiberg should have refused to renegotiate his contract and forced Alberts to pay the huge severance. Writing is on the wall, Trev should have pulled the trigger.

Reactions: bomber89 and t7w0c1

I don't see a top half 2022-23 conference finish; they might have to over-achieve to make 10th or better. Hoiberg should have refused to renegotiate his contract and forced Alberts to pay the huge severance. Writing is on the wall, Trev should have pulled the trigger.
Trev is in over his head.

The best win we had all season was at Wisconsin when Bryce didn't play. We were 3-17 against Big Ten teams with him.

Yeah we will probably suck again next year, but it's not like Bryce led us to many victories this year.

Thank you Bryce, I very much appreciated your play but also your attitude and commitment. I think you represented our university well and that’s all we ask. You played your heart out under difficult circumstances. However, after watching the NCAA tournament and especially guys that played in front of Husker Nation it seems there was and is talent that also met the standards of the next level. I hope you do well

Trev is in over Moos's head
His hands were tied

Probably means Trey is also gone as well. Think he still has a covid year, but not sure he will come back.

The best win we had all season was at Wisconsin when Bryce didn't play. We were 3-17 against Big Ten teams with him.

Yeah we will probably suck again next year, but it's not like Bryce led us to many victories this year.
Are you kidding? Bryce McGowens was the best Husker player on the roster before the first day of practice. The best freshman in school history. Led the team in scoring, 2nd best rebounder, a threat every time he touched the ball. Legitimate NBA talent. No need to take a pot shot.

There is only so much one player on an embarrassingly lousy team can do...... or to put it another way, just how bad would Nebraska have been without him? Maybe Sam Griesel can be that leader that Nebraska was missing now that McGowens is gone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: c_broadus and 1954
Are you kidding? Bryce McGowens was the best Husker player on the roster before the first day of practice. The best freshman in school history. Led the team in scoring, 2nd best rebounder, a threat every time he touched the ball. Legitimate NBA talent. No need to take a pot shot.

There is only so much one player on an embarrassingly lousy team can do...... or to put it another way, just how bad would Nebraska have been without him? Maybe Sam Griesel can be that leader that Nebraska was missing now that McGowens is gone.

Uh, his entire point was that we played our best game WITHOUT Bryce lol. Best of luck to him I posted a full breakdown of his issues in another thread, but he looks like he's still growing. Lot of potential there and the NBA loves that.

I really hope he reaches his full potential in the NBA. Let's be honest, this entire Hoiberg regime has been a disaster. If we can spend the next 10 years with a Nebraska basketball alum in the NBA at least we will have gotten ONE positive out of it. I sure can't think of anything else to point at.

He isn’t ready for the NBA and needs another year and will just end up playing over seas next season..
There is no chance this is happening, he would pull his name out of the draft and play college ball for another season instead of playing overseas. Either way, it is much more likely that he gets drafted so it's a moot point.

• Haha
Reactions: c_broadus
There is no chance this is happening, he would pull his name out of the draft and play college ball for another season instead of playing overseas. Either way, it is much more likely that he gets drafted so it's a moot point.
Thank you so very much for not making this a mute point!!!!!!

He has the talent to be a lottery pick someday, I feel as though he needs another year before he is ready to be a round 1 NBA guy. Round 2 guys are not guaranteed anything. Wish him the best, I just feel as though he needs some more seasoning.

Put yourself in his shoes...I'd leave to. May as well take a shot at the league...it's a lot less crazy than coming back to Nebraska for a lame duck coach...and if you don't have an interest in a degree anyway....

Best of luck to him at the next level. Personally, hoping the Warriors draft him as a developmental scorer off the bench so he has time to grow into his body. Similar to how they've developed Jordan Poole.

I think he might as well try to make some pro money if he can. I will be surprised if gets drafted. I think he will end up the G League. I bet he eventually ends up in Europe or Asia.
He's going to get drafted, but will probably spend time in the G League after he gets drafted so he can develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT